Chapter Two

[Kenya Point of view]

I just got home. I feel so tired from school today, but I was glad that they did not give us any assignments today. That would be a first day of school bummer! I could feel how lonely my life right now. I miss my beki [Beki- slang word in Philippines for gay] friends in the Philippines. 

Well it had been 5 years now! Do they still remember me? I told to myself while lying on my bed and staring straight on the ceiling. I am still wearing the clothes that I wore at school today. It is cold in here wearing just these T-shirt and pants. 

What a stupid idea to wear this outfit when it is fall season. Getting colder in each passing day made me feel like dying. Just kidding! I laughed at my own joke. 

OMG! If someone saw me laughing on my own they would probably gonna think that I've lost it. Smiling, laughing and talking to my self like an insane person who just got fled out from asylum.

Well, I know that it ain't crazy talking to yourself. Some studies even suggests that it was healthy for the mind. Well, to whom joke I should laugh if I have no one?

Bzzzz Bzzzz...

Bzzzz Bzzzz....

Bzz---

I pulled back to present when I felt my phone in my pocket vibrating violently. When I picked it up, I saw the screen shows: Mathew my lalabxzs is calling you on skype.... [lalabxzs is a coloquial term which means "love" in the Philippines]

I remembered turning on my wifi. Every time I am home it automatically connect in the internet so that I could see messages and notifications from various applications. The funny thing is that a seconds ago, I was just asking myself if there was someone who remembers me and here it is... 

Can't count how much I love this person because he could feel what I was feeling. We're indeed connected!

I tapped the answer button and throw my cellphone on my bed in a loud speaker.

"OMG baby you called me! I missed you so much how are youuuu!" I impart excitedly while giggling. I am so excited to talk to this person.

"I missed you so much too babe! How are you in there" He said in a very deep voice then the sound of him like he was throwing up. 

This guy is exaggerated, but I love it. I laugh at him with that. I wanna see my bestfriend's reaction!Matthew is my best friend since we were young back in Philippines. Before we get separated we promised to keep in touch with each other until we meet again and whoever broke that promise, his/her pinky finger, shall be amputated. 

Well, that's how a pinky promise work right? It was the best promise I've ever had. That was the reason why I love Matthew so much. Matthew was already in college as in the Philippines K-12 wasn't yet implemented. He is in his 3rd year in college already, taking up BSE-English which means "Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English".

That was also, another reason why we kept on talking in English language, as he wanted to nurture his grammar and communication skills. I love helping him out so it was not a big deal. I am just feeling sad that I am still in High school, nowadays. I want to finish my studies already like them. They are all in mid-way in college. I am jealous of them.

"Awe, are you okay baby?" I said in a very caring tone then chuckle "You don't seems good"

"Ahhh! I'm alright" He said in a thin voice "You're so gross" He added

I chuckled at the thought and visualization on his reaction right now. He probably look disgusted and that thought alone is funny enough for me to tease him more. It was guessed as I already saw his reaction every time we had a video call before. But now we are only doing voice call.