Chapter Twenty-Six: Tantrum II

While walking down the hallway towards the gymnasium, Kenya's body stiffened. Her nervousness about meeting Imran does not seem to cease. She thought it would wear off a little as time passes by without seeing him. If he would not do anything weird again she may never feel anxious towards him.

He apologised already for what he did. It might have helped her to feel at ease a bit that he at least regret his actions.

Drowning from her very own thoughts, Kenya was startled by Erin's voice. Her friend started to make a little joke about Terrence might like her. Erin's cheery nature was in fact helpful to her always anxious mind becomes filled with the present thoughts.

"Ey ey! have you seen how Terrence looked at you during our lunch break? His eyes were twinkling star for sparkling and gooey as glue to you the whole time!" Erin's eyes were shining brightly as she spoke of the events that took place earlier. She was in a dreamy state which could be mistaken by her seeing a celebrity she adored for the first time. Kenya had a mischievous thought so she tried to taunt Erin a little.

"So you've been staring at Terrence the whole time huh..."

"Yes! Because I was curious by the way he acts when you're around!"

When Kenya heard Averin's answer, she feel a little discomfort. She chose to ignore that feeling and just go with the flow of their conversation.

Terrence is definitely handsome and kind. She never had a second thought about that and she could also feel it from her bones. She have a kind of little crush on him but something was stopping her from totally liking him in a deeper way. Maybe it was because of the trust issues she had since never met her own father.

The dark thoughts she kept on having inside her head often made her feel lonely. She hopes to be rescued by someone but at the same time, she does not know how to ask and to whom.

Kenya and Averin arrived at their PE class earlier, so a few minutes before Imran came, they have heard a new announcement about their schedule. There will be mandated classes for everyone, depending on the electives they have chosen before. Another two hours will be added for the specific subject course except on Fridays.

When Imran appears, everyone fell into silence. His handsome face was distorted from being mad. Earlier that day, he was just mad but now he looks angry. No one tries to get on his nerve especially, he has a high position in their school.

Even after the class ended, the students do not want to make any loud noise while making their way out of the class. Unfortunately, when Kenya and Sasha were leaving, Imran called both of them and asked Kenya regarding the papers of her transfer. When she could not answer him, he told her to go to his office.

Annoyed and anxious, Kenya left Sasha, Terrence, Averin, and Eduardo in the school garden and proceeded to go to the vice principal's office. Everyone was worried as they all know that the Vice Principal was not in a good mood since this morning. To lessen the burden Kenya was bottling up, they cheer her up before she proceed to Imran's office.

Both nervous and annoyed Kenya knocks on Imran's office. Upon entering the office, Kenya's eyes were steadily focused on where Imran was seated. He did not bother to look at her but told her to sit on the chair in front of his table.

Imran was too busy reading some documents on his desk. His eyes kept on shifting between the documents on his desk and on the monitor of his laptop in front of him.

She quietly sat on the particular chair he mentioned. This gave her some time to wander her eyes around the whole room.

The whole place was painted in black and white which enhances its neatness. On the right side of Imran's back stood a wooden shelf with nothing but trophies and certificates. Kenya tries to read what are those awards for. Expecting that they are all awards for the school achievements like what she saw in the principals' office, she gasped when she realized that those were not awarded to the school but to the person on the other side of the table.

Athletic and academic awards were there most likely. It really makes sense that he was teaching the two subjects he was teaching them. Every award has words "Grand Winner" or "No. 1" written on it.

How does he just have all those achievements? He must be some kind of prodigy or a genius to be able acquire all of the awards on his office.

"So, let's start with your transfer records," Imran said with his eyes on some papers.

Still in awestruck, Kenya slowly pace his eyes towards the person she had mixed feelings with. All the bitterness and sarcasm she had prepared to insult this man in her head were slowly vanishing.

He seems like a person whom lot smarter than her and she thought to her self that she, would not be able to win an argument or any discussion with the person in front of her. She was confused with new information flooding her petty mind who just know how to be negative most of the time.

Baffled by the new information, she gazed back again on the shelves full of awards and achievements. Kenya has a great admiration towards genius and gifted people as she felt so ordinary herself. One of her dreams was to associate herself with people like him and she did. It was just not in a good term that she was associated with him.

Still in a daze, Imran snapped her out of her thoughts. "Miss Heartfilia?" Imran noticed that Kenya was staring too much at something from his back and knew right away what she was looking at. He smirked when he realised that but it only lasted for a second that Kenya almost did not catch it.

"Ah- Yes? Sir?" Kenya almost fumbled her words. She was not sure if she caught him smirking at her if it was just an imagination.

"You know that this school vision and mission Ms. Heartfilia is not just a school to make your high school happen but to make each and every one of its graduates as successful as we can. Since you are a transferee, you are not that familiar with our rules. You, as a student of this school now must be responsible too. Whatever had happened from your previous schools and the reason you keep on changing school must not be repeated in this school." In a professional tone of Imran's voice, Kenya felt intimidated. Her eyes do not want to meet his due to some fear she was feeling so she stared blankly at his table.

"Ms. Heartfilia, are you even listening?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Y-yes sir I understand" She replied in a monotone

"Why can't you lift your head and talk to me heads on if you really understand what I was saying?" He replied in an authoritative tone. " And is that a right way to look somewhere else when you are talking to someone?"

"No sir" Kenya replied slowly pacing her eyes on his.

"Then what are you not listening?" He asked

"B-but I am listening" Kenya's voice trailed off a little

"Are you sure? why then you are not attentively looking at me while I was talking?"

The more he asked her questions, the harder it is for her to stand her ground. She does not like debates or anything like that. Now she felt being interrogated by someone as intelligent as the person in front of her.

"It's because it's rude to look into older people's eyes while they are reprimanding you..." She tried to answer him but her voice kept on lowering till all she can hear herself was a mumble as she proceed with her sentence while looking into his eyes.

"Because... What?" He asked her again a bit disappointed with her.

"Because its rude to ...." Kenya repeated still murmuring to herself"

"Stop lowering your head and crouching, when you have not done any harm on others" Imran suddenly blurted out of frustration.

_____

Hi so, after so many trials and errors from editing and re-writing this story, I am slowly catching up with our female lead. I hope she let me lead her and not misalign herself in the story again.

anyways thank you to my loyal readers for waiting for an update. I have full-time office work nowadays so I can rarely update. Actually, I am writing up to 500 words a day from my drafts then editing it out when I get around 1500 words.

Also, please follow my social media accounts if you just want to of course. Now I thank you.

ps. I will post more motivational and positivity quotes in my FB page to motivate myself more. Thank you 

IPTBL Xoxo