Chapter 5

( Cyrus's POV)

I am at my cousins when I hear gun shots. My ears pick up the sensitive sound and I look out the apartment window. I listen closely blocking out anything else.

"Cyrus!"

My cousin yells at me and I cut my eyes at her.

"What?!"

"What's going on?"

"Nothing, I just heard gun shots. The usual bull shit around this city."

"And your not going to go help?"

"No it's not my problem."

"Yeah and saving the firefighters and those people weren't your, Problem either. Right?"

"It's not like that! They were going to-" 

I stop and stand and walk to the door, someone knocks. I look through the peep hole and see a man standing there. I look him up and down in the peep hole. Doesn't appear to have a gun on him. I open the door.

"Yes?"

"Is Allegra here?"

"And if she isn't?"

I hear my cousin stand up and start walking this way.

"Yeah she's here... Allegra! I'm going out!"

She walks up beside me and looks at the man.

"Okay Cy. Hey Keith."

"Aww you got a city boy?" I smirk and laugh and they both yell at me in unison. I shake my head and turn and grab my jacket. "Yeah okay. Ill be back later cuz...need anything?"

She shakes her head no and I leave. I stop at the stairs and see her let him in. I smile and walk down the stairs and to the city. It's around 8:30 at night, so there is a lot of people out. Not to mention its Friday night in October.

So it's a cool night. I start thinking about my cousin. She never told me about this guy. And something seems off about him. I can't explain but it just does. My stomach doesn't sit we'll with this.

I'm about 10 blocks from the apartment. She should be okay. I don't understand why I'm so jumpy bout this.

My train of thought gets cut off to a gun shot. A couple blocks up maybe two or three, the gun sounds like a revolver. I hear cop sirens behind me, they soon hurry and pass. They stop three blocks up. I laugh a little because usually I'm not wrong about the distance, and tonight I was right on Que.

I walk up and look watching these cops talk to this guy. I wanna have a little fun and play the black figure to freak this dude out. The guy with the gun that is. I watch as the guy with the hostage is shaking and waving the gun in this... Girls face. It's a girl. A skinny long haired girl. The cops get spot lights on them and it's Allegra and that dude!

I hear cops yelling but my hearing is selective right now. I hear the gun click and I just feel my body move. Next I know I'm on top of the guy named Keith. Clawing his face in my panther form. I change human and continue punching the fuck out of him. I feel hands on my shoulders and I turn and see Allegra. I get off Keith, who is now unconscious and hug my cousin. My eyes are now a deep purple and then cops rush in and tear me from my cousin.

"No let me go!"

"Hey she's my cousin let her go"

"We are just taking you in for questioning Cyrus! Calm down or we are going to taze you!"

I can't, i just want me cousin. I keep struggling. I feel this jolt of energy and I fall to my knees gasping for air. I black out and lay on the ground. The last i see before I black is a bunch of cops.