Chapter 8

(Rin's point if view)

I watch as the girl comes in and I just pour more wine.

"So what exactly do you know about him"?

"Well... There's not much that I can tell you other than what you already know".

"All I know is that he's been a criminal in this city for a while".

I hear the front door open and I turn to see Emily with my new brief case. We use that to take the knifes everywhere. Instead of just using there cases.

"Hay I'm back. What?! Your pulling out the good wine! Come on Rin. That was when we first got it from the vacation".

I growl. "I'm sorry. This is my friend Emily".

"Oh. Hello nice to meet you".

"Emily could you go put the stuff in my room. We are talking business".

"Yah yah. So you want them in the usual spot". I nod and she walks out.

"So I guess that really doesn't help with my investigation.... Do you know why he calls himself Frogman"?

"The reason he calls himself that is because he's actually part frog".

"Makes since".

"He has frog like powers. His tung is long and sticky. He hops like a frog and when he is really pissed he can turn into a 20 foot one. So have fun with that".

"Yah". I remember all this. Now I know the reasons why I ditched him. He's disgusting and I was more like his maid. I never got the credit I deserved.

"Well thanks for that little bit. It will help".

Emily comes in with my brief case and puts it on the couch. The girl has a look on her face like she's thinking. I guess it's just for more info.

"Ok look I'm terribly sorry but I have to go. I just remembered i have an appointment".

"Oh ok. Well stop by whenever yah want".

She nods and runs out. I go over to the brief case and open it to an all new knife set.

"I'm glad you got them polished. Thanks".

"Yah no problem. Do you think that's the real reason she left"?

"I don't know. But as long as it has nothing to do with me I don't care where she had to be".

I take the knifes and practice. Against Emily. She offered. Plus I let her do the same to me. It doesn't matter if we die. We will just come back to life. I clean all the knifes when I "wake" up.

"I'm going to go jump in the shower. Be back".

"Ok".

I put the knifes up and go in the kitchen and drink some more of the wine. I remember when we got the wine when it was first made. I had a long green dress on that matched my hair. I was standing next to my abusive husband. Who died eventually. Emily was married to a nice man. I couldn't tell her that I was abused though. I lived in the mountains. I shake the thought and decide to go on a walk around town.

"Hay Rin". I look over to see William.

"Hay. Look who it is. Mr. Know it all".

"Of corse. So what are you doing here"?

"Just around. I guess. Looking around town".

He nods and walks with me. He tells me to follow him and we come to an ally way. He takes out a dagger and a gun. I swear. When will he learn?

"I will kill you this time Rin"!

Good luck with that. He runs over and I doge his swipes. But the comes the bullet and it goes right though my leg. He pins me to the ground and shoots me about five times in the chest. I want to scream but I can't. I close my eyes and then when I feel something on my mouth i look to we a grenade. I try to struggle but he's gone and it explodes.