Chapter 12

I sigh. Great i guess she thinks I'm a criminal now. I hear my door open and I see Finn come in.

"You never went home did you"?

He shakes his head. "Where did she go"?

"Hell if I know. She doesn't trust me anymore now that she knows who you are. I should just turn you in myself".

"You wouldn't do that".

"Oh? So you really think you know me that well"? He stands and leaves. I go in my room and flop on my bed. Ugh.

"So I'm guessing the whole thing didn't work out to well did it"?

"What do you think"?

She spins around in her chair and continues typing. I watch as she gathers info on my cases. I decide to go out and get info by people. The old fashioned way. When I get the info I need I go to a bar right under the apartment complex. When I feel almost drunk I go upstairs and fall asleep around twelve o'clock right beside Emily. I fall asleep and the next few days I'm stuck working. Felix keeps bugging me about the girl and I tell him to come over. I open the door after a few minutes and he steps in.

"So where is she"?

"I have no idea. She flew off. She doesn't trust me now because of you idiots".

"Then why am I here?! You've wasted my time".

I pin him against the wall and put daggers though his coat into the wall so he can't move.

"When I tell you to get out or to do something don't expect me to just let it go if you don't follow". I scratch him with a dagger on his hands then i take out the other ones on his jacket. "Your free to go. Don't come back. Tell my brother the same".

He nods and looks at his hands in pain. Then he looks at me and runs out. I wouldn't say I'm the most violent person. I've done worse. I go back to my desk and I get a knock at my door. I answer it and its my father.

"What do you want"?

"I came to warn you. They are starting to get suspicious again about you and your brother".

I sigh. Then I go in my room after he's gone.

"I guess I have to move again Emily. I think I might go back to the old city. Where Titian tower is. I'm about ready to go home".

"But this place is so nice. I love it here".

"Then your welcome to stay. I have to leave. Actually I'm thinking of turning myself in. I'm sick if running". I walk out and go walking to the police station. "Officers". I say walking in.

They hold up there guns. "Don't move Blackjack"!

I sigh. "I just came to talk. Not to do any crime. Not that I meant it in the first place. I'm a detective. I never worked with my brother Frog. I hung around him because well... He's my brother".

"What about the money you have"?

"He gave it to me. People accused me of stealing it. But I didn't know it was stolen money". I lie about it so i can try not to get arrested.

"There was almost a thousand dollars! You didn't know it was stolen"?

"I thought it was money from my mother. She passed away and she wrote that her money would be given to me. I have the papers at home".

"I'm sorry. It was a misunderstanding. But what about when you helped him rob the bank"?

"I was paying a few of my bills and he came in with his gun blazing. He told me to carry the bag and he shot me in the arm when I refused". I raze my sleeve and show them the scar. This was really back in the nineteen hundreds. Before I became immortal. The scar just stayed.

"I see. I'm very sorry Blac- umm"...

"Rin. My name is Rin Smith".

"Well thank you Ms. Smith. You said you where a detective correct"?

"Yes". I show them my card.

"Ok so you have weapons right"?

"Yes. To protect myself".

"Good. We will provide you with a gun if you want one".

"Sure. Thank you. In return ill tell you where you can find my brother". They smile and I go with them to arrest him.

I walk to his house and knock. He lets me in and I crack the door so they can come in. I sit down with him and when he's not looking I go up and knock his head against his counter top, knocking him out immediately. I let the men in and we take him to the station. I see Felix and his friend on the street and I go over to em.

"Hay. If you try to get him out of jail I'll kill both of you. You know I'm immortal right"? I give a wicked smile and walk home.