.Nightmares.

Adrien

"Adrien..." An eerily familiar voice whispered, the sound echoing around me.

But echoing off of what? 

I opened my eyes only to see darkness stretching around me for miles and miles.

The floor I was laying on was cold, and I tried to look down, but for some some reason I found myself unable.

"Adrien..." The voice whispered to me again, and my legs began to move without my consent.

I pushed myself up onto my feet, and began walking in no particular direction. I wasn't sure where I was going but my body was moving of it's own accord.

I felt strangely drawn to the voice, and for some reason when it spoke, a calm feeling would wash over my mind.

"Adrien, come..." The voice was louder this time, signalling that I was getting closer. Or perhaps farther away, I couldn't tell.

Suddenly, the pitch blackness disappeared and I was standing at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower, which seemed to be going up in smoke.

I narrowed my lids as my eyes watered, and coughed into my fist.

I found myself wondering what this was and how it had happened.

I could hear my racing heart beat in my chest and a sense of anxiety wash over me.

"This way..." The soothing voice, sounding even more familiar than before, spoke again in no longer a whisper but a normal tone.

My legs pulled me forward a few more steps, until I was directly in front of the steaming Eiffel Tower. I could feel my hands shaking but I wasn't able to stop them.

I felt my head turn to the side and my eyes immediately widened at who I saw standing before me.

'L-ladybug?' I wanted to say, but my mouth wasn't working.

Ladybug tilted her head to the side a bit, an almost insane smile on her lips, her eyes were covered by the bangs hovering over her forehead.

Her red ladybug suit stood out against the gray-toned city, though I noticed rips and tears across her arms and legs and the small cut across her left cheek.

"Adrien." She stated softly, and I recognized it as the voice that had been calling to me earlier.

'Marinette, what happened? Why is the city aflame? Why are you hurt?!' I wanted to yell, to shout, but yet again I found my mouth useless and I was left to just stare at her with wide eyes.

She took a few steps forward, her back straight and her face seemed to be directed at me, the smile still planted across her features.

"It's your fault." She said, still moving towards me with slow steps.

My eyes widened further and I tried to take a step backwards but couldn't.

'W-what?' I wanted to ask.