Frickle Frack I Made A Friend

Obi-Wan's POV

I did it. I finally told him. He accepted me and all of my baggage. This man is amazing. Anakin Skywalker. The man who would stay with me after I told him about my father, my mother's abuse, and the voice in my head.

And suddenly, guilt washed over me. I didn't even ask about him. I learned his last name two days ago. I'm a terrible friend.

"Tell me about you, Ani."

"...well I guess there isn't much to say. I don't have a dramatic past or anything. I don't know my father, but that's about it."

"Why focus on the bad stuff?" I asked quietly.

"You have a point" he replied, laughing. "My favorite color is a perfect mixture of blue, yellow, and green. I can play the piano, I love it when people sing around me, I like making people smile, and I've always wanted to be a pilot. Just imagine the rush of flying. Nobody can get to you. You're in charge of yourself, and I think it sounds amazing!"

The whole time he was ranting, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He looks so adorable when he talks about things he's passionate about.

Then it hit me.

I've never smiled around him.

Shit.

I tuned back in to what he was saying. I'll smile around him sooner or later.

"I hate sand. I've always hated sand."

Then he stopped talking. He laid back and continued staring at the sky. I copied him. We laid there for hours. Eventually, he fell asleep.

Quickly, I pulled out my phone. I took an uncountable amount of pictures, all of them absolutely adorable. After I finished my task, I picked him up bridal style. I made my way down the stairs, and into his house.

Ms. Skywalker was laying on the couch when I went into the living room, still holding Anakin.

"Excuse me, Ms. Skywalker?"

"You can call me Shmi, Obi-Wan. And his room is straight down the hallway, last door on the left."

"Thank you, Shmi."

After dropping off Anakin (and possibly kissing him on the forehead, but nobody will ever find out about that) in his bedroom, Obi-Wan went to inform Shmi he was leaving.

"Obi-Wan, really quick, before you leave..."

"Yes ma'am?" I asked.

"Thank you. For befriending and trusting Anakin. I think he needed it." She said quietly.

"It's kind of impossible to hold a conversation with Anakin and NOT become his friend." I laughed.

"Well, thank you for giving him a chance." She said sweetly.

"It was my pleasure" I replied, and turned to walk out the door.

I could have sworn she whispered "Obikin" right when I closed the door.

But then again, I might be hearing things.