Chapter 14

"Alpha Tony, I would like to know what possessed you to think that my pack was weak" The older Alpha snorted, his aura one of cockiness and disrespect. I squinted at him.

"Haven't you heard? The rogues and the Lycans are teaming up. In order to protect your stupid little sh-"

"Lycans? You mean Ancients? What would they want with rogues?" Alpha Tony shrugged at my questions

"Who knows, it's certainly worrying but as far we know, they feel threatened, those who have survived their attacks claim they sense a rising power, and they don't like it. Besides that, the other Alphas have no clue, but they have been targeting Elders" I raised my eyebrows at the statement. Elders were a step down from Lycans, or Ancients, the direct descendants of the pure bloodlines.

Lycans originally were just like werewolves, except pure blood, making them more violent and primal. Being full wolf meant they remained in a halfshift when they changed form, a humanlike being with the claws, teeth and eyes of a wolf. As the years went on, Lycans became less in numbers as the civil mannerisms of the half-bloods, also known as werewolves, half human and half Lycan grew in size. The human side of us was the side that controlled our shift, the reason werewolves could hide so well amongst mundane humans. Although they never disappeared, no one dared to go against them, even when not in wolf form, the halfshift was still deadly. Elders are the first of the human-Lycan hybrid, they last longer than normal werewolves, but not as long as Lycans. Lycans valued the Elders, so for them to be hunting them down, was beyond comprehension.

"So you took advantage of our smaller number, offered fake protection from them, and claimed control?"

"We formed an alliance"

"Bullshit, you were using my pack" I growled and Rae slipped through. "You filthy half breed" Rae's voice was venomous, and it visibly sent a shiver down the Alpha's spine.

"Kota, or Kota's wolf, you have to understand that it is hard these days. You've been gone so long-"

"Its Rae, and no I haven't. You tried to take advantage of my pack, and you deserve to be punished!" I lunged for him, claws and fangs elongated, but was abruptly shoved sideways. I hit a nearby book shelf, slamming into the wall. When I hit the ground, I flicked my hair up and snarled at the assailant, widening my eyes in shock when I saw Phoenix standing in front of Alpha Tony protectively. "Phoenix? What are you doing here?" I stood, retracting my claws.

"Stopping you from making a mistake it seems, or just being a generic hunter" I halted my approach.

"Hunter?"

"Yes K, I'm a hunter" Phoenix looked exhausted, it must've taken a lot of out him to knock me off my feet.

"But... Hunters kill the supernatural!" I felt betrayed.

"Depends on why they became a hunter" Phoenix took a step toward me, I stepped back, warily glancing at the gun on his hip.

"So why did you?" My voice was small.

"So I could find you" Phoenix finally closed the distance between us and placed his hand on the side of my face. I sighed and looked up into his eyes, perplexed and at a loss for words.

"Nix, I-"

"Get your filthy hunter hands off of my mate before I break your scrawny neck" Phoenix sighed and stepped back, turning to come face to face with Duke, who was breathing heavily with a hulking rage.

"Duke, come off it, you aren't the only one allowed to touch her" Duke snarled and grabbed Phoenix by his neck and pushed him back until he hit the wall.

"She's mine, got it? Do not touch her again" Phoenix glared but nodded nonetheless. "Good" Duke snarled harshly

"Duke! Let him go!" I commanded, letting Rae slip back into control. Duke faltered in his grip but held strong, Phoenix started to go purple. "Duke, put him down." I growled, but he held on, shaking, resisting the command, Phoenix was starting to still at this point. Rae took full control.

"Now!" Rae bellowed, causing Duke to release Phoenix and fall to his knees, Phoenix falling into a crouch, gasping for air. I looked over at Alpha Tony, only to see him to drop to his knees also, blood pouring from his ears and nose heavily. My eyes widen, and I forced Rae back into the depths of my mind. I looked around, Duke was still on his knees, blood running from his ears and his nose also, not that he noticed, he seemed to busy scanning my face, his look one of disbelief. I quickly bolted from the room and up the stairs, ignoring the calls behind me.

I dashed into my room, slamming the door behind me, swiftly locking it. I couldn't believe it. I began pacing, soon began screaming for Rae.

Rae! Rae!

I received no answer, I could feel her, but she was ignoring me, she was pacing also.

Rae for God's sake please! Please tell me what just happened!

Still, nothing. I cried out in frustration and threw my fist into the nearest wall. I didn't understand, what did I do? What did Rae do to them?

Rae please, I'm confused.

Some werewolf lines can become pure once again, with the correct amount of mixed genetics. But the Lycan created isn't always a Lycan in body, only in soul. Or in a werewolves case, human in body, and Lycan in wolf. Rae spoke finally after a pregnant silence, she was slow and calm in her words, which scared me even more.

Rae, what has that got to do with this? I asked her, my voice soft, holding no strength. When Rae replied, I felt my world dim, and soon I fell to the floor, unconscious.

Everything. It has everything to do with this.

ITS SMALLER THAN THE OTHER CHAPTERS I KNOW IM SORRY I WILL WRITE MORE  IN THE NEXT CHAPTER

STAY TUNED

~First_Forever_Always