Chapter 4

After the emotional festivites, I was reannouced into the pack. We were currently sitting in the packhouse in the massive dining room that could fit everyone in the pack. Well, everyone besides the children under the age of 13. The pups ate in the lounge room where they could fight over the tv under the supervision of the elderly members who eat earlier than everyone else.

I was currently sitting at the end of the Alpha table next to Anna, who was busy catching me up on everyone's mates and positions. I was pleased to hear that her and Diliionmet a few weeks after I left, which helped him through the search for me. Mark, Robyn's mate, the male who stood forward to help her when she saw me earlier, came to town from England a year ago, and has been her centre ever since apparently. Lucas and Thomas were still single and playing the field with local humans, but they were still searching and waiting for their mates. 

"You would not believe how excited everyone was when we found seven pack mates all on 16th birthdays! It was the first proper mate find in ages!" I smiled at Anna's bubbly personality and her happiness. She was perfect for my brother. I looked around at the four other long tables that were filled with my pack. I looked pver at the warriors and trackers, smiling to see their guard down. Then over at the new mates and younger members of the pack, people from my age down to Bekkas'. I turned back to Anna just as she got quiet. I watched her face drop slightly, and I turned around to see why.

Willow had just walked into the dining room.

With a child.

My eyes widened. She pushed the little girl towards the Alpha table, and more so, towards me. The little girl looked mostly like Willow. Except her eyes, I recognised those practically black eyes, and it repulsed me almost instantly. I felt bile rise up in my throat, but I swallowed it. Calming myself down, I put all my attention towarss the little girl, who was now standing next to me with a nervous expression. 

"Yes, little one?" I said, smiled sweetly. The little girl smiled back.

"I'm Sadie, Mommy says you are my cousin and that I need to introduce myself, but she also wanted me to give you this" Stacee handed me a note and then scurried off towards her mother. I looked up and Willow, who just stared blankly, and then walked Stacee to the lounge room. I looked down at the note, which read,

Glad you are back. I'm sorry.

I scrunched the note up and shoved it into the pocket of the borrowed jeans I was given for dinner. I turned back to Anna, who looked worried.

"I know what happened. Dillion told me" I nodded in understanding, knowing what she was talking about instantly. 

"Yeah, I feel like everyone who was over the age of 15 when I left was told" I laughed humourlessly. "What happened, is in the past, Anna. I've learnt to forget, and everyone here needs to as well" I said in a harder tone than I intended, but Rae was fuming. 

That bitch! 

Rae, calm please

No! Let me out!

Rae....

Willow knew what he did before everyone else!

I know, okay? it doesn't matter.

You are really soft sometimes That comment stung a bit. Rae flinched, knowing she had hit a nerve. Kota, I- 

Forget it, Rae. It doesn't matter. Cutting of the connection to her, I focused back in on the dining hall, my father had just stood up and was currently calling for the rest of the pack to be brought into the room.