Chapter 10

I tried to fight off the grip, but the hormonal male behind me had a tight hold around my waist,his laboured breathing making me uncomfortable. Lucas and Tom growled again, their eyes darkening in fury and warning. A few more pack members from the lounge room came in, growling viciously at my cousins. I struggled again and was greeted with a groan. Trying to hide the blush at my actions, I growled, but no Alpha power was behind it. 

Rae!

I know, no Alpha.

Why?!

Heat takes away power, thought you were smart.

I cut her off, she was in a lot of pain as a wolf, and she got bitchy when she was hurting. She needed to be close to Liam for the pain to subside even slightly, but Liam couldn't control himself at the moment, which was evident by his earlier behaviour. Thomas snarled. "Let her go" His voice dripped with venom, and it shocked me, he was the goofy one, not intimidating in the slightest, not until now. The male who held me chuckled.

"Why should I?" 

"Because you value your life" A deep voice said from the dark hallway I had emerged from just moments ago, and I shivered inwardly. 

Duke. He burst in the room, his eyes blazing with an intense emotion I couldn't indentify. One thing was obvious though. He was pissed. I could feel the rage radiating off him in waves. He mad ean advance for the guy holding me, throwing him, and almost me, across the room, hitting a wall with a loud thud. The others began to close in on Duke, or Liam, as his eyes were too dark for his wolf not to be present, but Liam had planned for it, He bolted outside, a few of the males effected by my Heat followed, trying to catch his Alpha speed, the rest continued to growl at Lucas and Thomas, but soon left after hearing howls of pain, none of them sounding pleasant.

Turning back to face Lucas and Thomas, I smiled. Lucas turned and went outside to inspect the damage done, after viewing Liam tower over and throwing my pack members like they weighed nothing. Thomas walked forward and brought me into a hug. I hugged back and tried not to cry. Hormones suck I thought to myself sullenly. Thomas pulled me away from him and smiles breifly.

"Go on, Alpha. Back to bed." I nodded, and at the moment a realisation hit me. I smiled back at Tom.

"Goodnight, Third" With that I turned and began walking back to the stairs. I was about to put my foot on the first step, when Duke walked back inside, his eyes on fire with a whirlwind of emotions. He had obviously shifted at some point, as he was now naked in all his glory. I blushed and continued the way upstairs, only to be grabbed yet again tonight.

Being whipped around fast, I faced a very sweaty Duke, with a little blood dripping from his gorgeous mouth. Noticing me staring, he wipes away the blood and kisses me roughly. I gasped, and he took this as an opportunity to invade my mouth with his tongue. I allow him to do so, only for a few moments, before pulling away wide-eyed. Duke smirked at me and I glared lightly.

"Got your fix for the night?" I asked, my tone playful but still firm. Duke leaned forward, capturing my lips with his, once again leaving me breathless. I opened my eyes when he pulled away, backing off completely, even though his eyes were clouded with lust.

"I will never get enough of you,  my Luna" With that bomb, he left. I was gobsmacked for a few moments before ascending the stairs once again. I collapsed onto my bed, still replaying his words in my head until I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next day I was woken early once again, only for one purpose.