Tell Him The Truth

Mia Pov

Mia-(choking on shrimp) "uhuuh (trey pats her back and gives her water) "I don't know what to say!" 

Trey-"just say yes babe, its the next step in our relationship....but we don't ha-(interrupted by Mia) 

Mia-"No No ....I'm just a little shocked babe, I mean I knew we would meet each others parents eventually. but I didn't think that time would be now" 

Trey-(goes around the table, kneels in front of Mia grabbing her hands) "baby I know its a little early but....It just feels right, all I want is for us to be as close as possible. I remember back in highschool when we were just best friends. I've always wanted it to be more but I didn't want to mess up what we had. Mia...I loved you then and I love you even more now. if your not ready...I get it, but just know that I'm not giving up on you baby" 

Mia-(crying) "Trey...I'm sorry I didn't pay attention to you in that way back in highschool. you have always had my back and cheered me up when I was down. and your right It does feel right, I'm just scared of....your love I guess." 

Trey-(gets up and hugs Mia) "bae don't be...I gotchu, all I want you to do is be mrs. neverson for life. I'll take care of the rest" 

Mia- (unlacthes from Trey and sighs) "I love you to....that's why I have to tell you this" 

Trey-(sits down and looks at Mia intently) "what is it bae?" 

Mia-(takes deep breath) "the other day when I came home with starbucks...I ran into my ex-Miguel on my way out..." 

Trey-(raises eyebrow) "okayyy and?" 

Mia- "he stopped me and asked well..pleaded with me to go out with him and catch up and stuff" 

Trey-(clenching fist/teeth) "and you said??!" 

Mia-"I told him I couldn't..but he wouldn't let me leave without saying yes. so I suggested a spot and told him it wasn't a date" 

Trey-(nodding then gets up and grabs his keys and is about to leave) 

Mia-"babe wait...why are you leaving" 

Trey-(in a rage/turns and walks back to Mia then grabs her arms and pins her against the wall) "YO...ARE YOU SERIOUS?!..YOU BOUTA TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOUR EX, THE ONE WHO TREATED YOU LIKE SHIT AND FUCKED AROUND ON YOU...AND YOU DONT KNOW WHY IM LEAVING, (SHAKES HEAD) TELL ME MIA...HOW WOULD YOU FEEL DOE, HUH?!!!! 

Mia-(scared/shitless) "bae..its not a date, and I told you because I thought you deserve to know.I would be pissed off too but..please Trey..I don't want him, I love you...I just want closure so that I can move on with my life" 

Trey (drops Mia's arms/ stands back and stares at her disgusted) "I guess i was just waisting my time huh.... (chuckling evily) damn, I knew you still loved that nigga. but if that's what you want then go ahead...but don't expect me to break your fall when he fucks you over AGAIN!!" (turns and walks out) 

Mia-(slides down the wall crying)

What did I get myself into...as crazy as this sounds Trey is right. I still love miguel and I'm not over him like I keep saying I am. but I can't help it, even though he hurt me over and over he still has my heart.

I got up and decided to write Trey a letter and then left it on his dresser. I packed my stuff and headed out. I can't start another chapter without closing the other one....