Chapter 1 : EXO Is Here!

EXO And I

POV : Point Of View

Skyler's POV:

 I wake up to see the bright sun blazing across my eyes, I snooze the alarm as I roll out of bed. I brush my teeth as breakfest is made, I throw on my favourite top and head down the stairs. "Morning Hun." said Mom. "Morning.." I answer back yawning. I eat my pancakes, Cody took all the syrup, oh how I wish he'd move out. I grab my bag, "I'm leaving!" I say to my Mother. "Skyler! Go say hi to our new neighbours on your way!" she answers. I head next-door and ring the bell ; the door opens. "Hello!" a stranger says. I stare at the stranger in shock, this is no stranger, he's Chanyeol from EXO.. "H-Hi! Uh, I'm y-your neighbour!" I stutter. "Nice to meet you! I'm Chanyeol. I'm assuming you attend Parkville High?" Chanyeol questioned. "Ah, yes I am. I'm Skyler by the way." I answer back. "CHANYEOL YOU DIDN'T WAKE ME UP YOU DIMWIT!" another stranger shouts. "Oops, sorry Skyler. I'll see you at school." Chanyeol whispers.

  I take my leave, but, if Chanyeol oppa goes to my school, EXO does too?! I'm walking down the street with a stupid expression on my face, as I notice people staring at me I quickly focus. I sprint to school to meet Karen, I hope she's there. As I run, I can't control my speed, I bump into someone by accident. "Excuse me? Are you okay?!" He asks. I look up, it's Kai. "Oh uh yeah, I'm sorry I bumped into--" I get cut off. "Hey Skyler!" Chanyeol exclaimed. "Oh hey Chanyeol." I answer. "Whoa, what happened to your knee?" A stranger asks. That stranger, was Lay. He hands me a band-aid, I thank him. As I'm looking at three EXO members, I hear the school bell. "I'm okay now, thanks. I have to get to class now, see you guys!" I say. "Bye!" They answer.

 I arrive in class, I see Karen and-- EXO?! My face gets red like a tomato, I hide my face and sit beside Karen. "What's up dude? Your face is really red!" She exclaimed. "Look over there, that's EXO! I ran into three of them on the ground. Oh my god I feel so embarrassed.." I answer. "Meh, I never cared." She says. The teacher comes in and takes attendance. My eyes are drawn to one boy, he has hazel hair, nice eyes and he's neat. "Is Skyler here?" The teacher asks. " Oh, PRESENT!" I exclaim. I'm glancing over to that boy again.. Ah! "You like him?" Karen interrupts. "I don't even know his name!" I exclaimed. As class ends, I make my way out.

  I open my locker and grab my heavy books, as I close my locker my books fall. Crap. I crouch down and start picking them up. "Hey, need help?" A boy asks. I look up and see him. The boy I was staring at, I nod my head as I watch him pick them up. "Thank you." I say. "You have a beautiful voice, you should talk more in class ; by the way, I'm Xiumin!" He says in a nice tone. "I'm Skyler, it's nice to meet you Xiumin!" I answer back. We walk down the hallway together laughing and chatting. We enter our next class, Science. The subject I fail at every year, great. The teacher assigns us with partners. "Chen and Karen. Chanyeol and Maira. Lay and D.O. Suho and Ashley. Sehun and John. Baekhyun and Michael. Kai and Serena. Xiumin and-- Skyler. Those are your partners." Mr. Smith says.

   Xiumin smiles at me and says "Looks like we're partners! Let's work hard!" We start our assignment, I spill the liquid by accident. "Oh crap.." I mumble. Xiumin puts his hand on top of mine, he pours the liquid into the tube without a spill. "It's easy, just go for it, don't go slow." He says. I nod back. We finish our assignment just before the bell rings for lunch. I say bye to EXO and head to the cafeteria with Karen. I peer over Karen's shoulder, she's doodling the name Chen on her notebook. "Hm. Whatcha writing?" I say. "Wh-Wha-What nothing!" She answers while hiding her notebook. I laugh until my stomach hurts. Karen's face turns into a red cherry, her eyes were then drawn to a certain someone. I stop laughing, I look up ; I see Kai, he has an expression of the devil. He glares at me, I tremble. "H-Hi K-Kai.." I mumble. "Ha. Xiumin doesn't like anyone at the moment so forget him." He says in a mean tone. I'm speechless, Kai leaves and heads over to his friends. His words scared me, I run outside.

 I start sobbing, why am I sobbing? Kai was scary, so scary I lost it. I drop to the ground crying, I soon see a pair of sneakers. I look up, Lay is offering me tissues, I wipe my tears. "Sorry about Kai, he's never like that unless he's jealous." He explains. Kai-- Kai is JEALOUS?! My tears stop falling, Lay puts his arm around me, I lay my head on his shoulder. "You can cry if you want, I'll comfort you." He says while patting my head. I feel close to him, what is this feeling? Is Kai in love with me? Of course not! As the bell rings Lay and I get to class. "Skyler! What's going on? You feelin' better?" Karen asks. I nod my head slowly trying to avoid contact with Kai. Kai steps out of the room, he's on the phone, I focus on my work. Oh yeah, I'm getting a tutor today.. I soon find myself humming EXO's Playboy, Karen quietly claps with two fingers trying so hard not to laugh. I facepalm.

 The bell rings, school is over, new tutor. I say bye to Karen and start to walk home, I spot Xiumin. I better ignore him or I'll be dealing with Kai.. I see EXO, Kai is missing.. Why am I thinking of him?! I reach home. "I'm back!" I announce. "Welcome back Hun!" Mom says. "Your tutor is upstairs." Dad adds in. "Have fun loser." Cody says in a weird tone. "Okay.. I'll be upstairs then.." I answer. I open my door, there's not a single soul in here. I set my bag down and start my work. Suddenly the door opens.