Chapter Four: Insecure

Ella's POV:

My alarm clock went off suddenly, making my heart speed up and my head pound.

I am ready for today.

Just keep repeating that and you'll be fine.

I slipped the maroon pleated skirt and tucked in a light blue and white pinstripe, button up, collared blouse. I buttoned it all the way to the top and let my sandy blonde waves fall to my waist. The two side pieces near my face were clipped back with a simple, white bow. I coated my lashes with a bit of mascara and some brown liner at the top lash line. My signature black, thick rimmed glasses were now pushed up onto the bridge of my nose so I could see. I slipped on my simple black, penny loafers and took my black leather prada, crossbody bag and slung it over my shoulder. My binder was held in one arm while my white iPhone was placed in my bag, along with an infinite supply of pencils, pens, my planner, a notebook, calculator, dictionary and my wallet so I could go to the cafe today with Camille today.

"Hey! You look cute today!" Camille complemented me as she came away from her closet, dressed in ripped black skinny jeans, a studded black crop top, and maroon combat boots that I have to admit were quite stunning. Although, I wouldn't pair it with her look.

Her heavy makeup was jet black liner all over her lid and under her lash line, thick coats of mascara and dark red lipstick. Even though the look was dark- her black hair only adding to the gloomy ensemble- she pulled it off very well and looked pretty. She may look intimidating, yeah, but she looks alive and somewhat... In a way... Flawless.

She's so lucky she's so pretty. All the boys probably go after her without her having to lift a black, manicured finger.

"Thank you! So do you!" I smiled politely, fixing my hair bow.

"Do you want any Starbucks for first period? I always have chase bring me some since he skips first and second period every morning."

"Uhm... Ohkay. Ill just have a medium iced coffee, extra cream and two sugars." I told her while she laced up one of her combat boots.

"Alright sounds good. I'll let him know. Now come on, let's get going we don't wanna be late for our second day, yeah?" She laughed while skipping out the door. I think she may have been imitating me but i'm not so sure.

We walked onto campus and hugged each other goodbye. I stumbled into first period, sitting at the front of the room, eager to start my lesson.

***

The bell rang out from fourth period, sending me walking swiftly to English.

"Hey! Ella! Wait up!" A familiar female voice squeaked. Laney.

"Please go away." I told her sternly.

"Oh come on! We were only joking!" She laughed.

"Well, you all hurt my feelings and I do not want to hang out with any of you anymore."

"You're a loser, you know that?" She snapped.

"I am not a-"

"Yes you are! Not to mention how ugly you are. What, with those big glasses, and ugly clothes. You are definitely a loser."

"Please stop." I weakly pleaded, the tears rushing to my eyes yet again.

"Awh the little baby's going to cry again?" Teresse came up behind laney as they mocked me. More and more people stopped to laugh at me.

"I am not crying." I reasoned but my words quickly betrayed me as hot tears overflowed from the brims of my light, baby blue eyes and fell to my shirt.