Chapter Eight:

Chases POV:

Her small body that I had adored left the coffee shop without a second look back. I knew this was for the better though, after receiving Nate's text about Colton having this "huge crush" or whatever on her. I couldn't compete with that, sweet talking, tall, blonde lawyer type. Him and Ella have so much in common and are so alike in every which way.

Nate: Colton's planning on asking Ella out. He says they have something going on. If I were you I'd stop and fast unless you want to lose your job. Sorry mate just thought i'd let you know before it gets worse you know?

Chase: yeah mate don't worry about it. Besides Ella and I wouldn't work out anyway. Thanks for letting me know man.

I texted back and shoved my black iPhone back into my pocket. I quickly paid the check and swiftly left the quaint place, going back to the dorms.

.

.

.

.

.

I heard quiet guitar strumming and the faint hum I have become acquainted with as the voice of Nate. His accent disappearing behind the lyrics of the song he's singing.

"Hey Chase! Like the new stuff i've been 'avin a go at mate?"

"Yeah! Sounds wicked!" I told him as I slammed the door to my room and fell backwards onto the bed.

Her delicate face came into view as soon as I shut my eyes. Large, round eyes the color of pale ice framed with long black lashes , rosy cheeks that would blush as we spoke, small dark pink heart-shaped lips that were heavenly arched and as smooth as her creamy hued skin and protruding hip bones my calloused finger only had the honor of touching once. Her flaxen, wavy strands that would reflect the light, making it resemble sunshine and small soft hands that I could easily hold in my own larger ones.

How I longed to meet those lips again, to feel her faint heartbeat, the quiet hums her mouth would make as we kissed, her heated cheeks...

I wanted all of her, yet I knew I was not worthy.

Yet Colton was with his gelled back hair and his dress slacks and penny loafers. His good grades and goody-goody attitude. They have so much in common and not to mention how well they get on. They were practically made for each other. She lights up when she talks about him constantly and she was so concered when she found out it was him in that fight. She wouldn't have given a damn if it was me, regardless if I was fighting for her heart.

Just being in her goddess-like presence was enough for me to become infatuated with her. To see her ice hued eyes and heavenly arched lips made my heart swell and my whole body ache with need. Her innocent aura intrigued me to the core and what was firsT to pull me to her. But that is why I must drag myself away from her. She needs a man who is just as innocent as her. Not one who has fucked half of girls on campus, lights on up every afternoon and gets completely shitfaced at every frat party (and then proceeds to fuck sorority girls at those frat parties)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ella's POV

I found myself sinking into bed, the soft white, duvet covering my entireity as I opened The Great Gatsby. I couldn't even bring myself to eat because of the simple fact of no matter what I ate it couldn't satisfy the emptiness that my entire being was currently enduring. Vivid dreams of his large, calloused hands caressing me, plump strawberry hued lips making trails along my neck as he pleased, his deep baritone rasp that shook me to my core as his accent kissed each word that was drawn out of his heavenly mouth, jet black hair I could run my fingers through to my hearts content as he kissed me mercifully and all at my own will.

No matter how desperately I wanted to stop thinking about him, I couldn't. Just hearing his name or thinking of one of his god-like features put my entire body in turmoil. But I needed to move on from his soft touches, gentle words, marine eyes surrounded by a black abyss and calm speaking voice that sounded every word with precision and cut through the air as if it was butter.

A faint knock was heard at the door, causing me to snap out of my fantasizing and answer it hesitantly.

"Colton?"

.................................................................

Anonymous POV

I pulled into the lot, light brown curls the color of a sort of burnt caramel swept up and to the left with the wind as I ran to the registration office.

My parents (only speaking a lick of english) beeped their own car horn at me, urging me to hurry into the office and get my dorm room key. Annie (my little sister) has a soccer game and as usual is already running late.

I made my way to the modest sized building, waiting for a "mrs. Terner" to show up.

A young woman with long blonde waves and ice blue eyes walked by the large, bay windows that framed the office. Large black glasses framed her face as a tall, blonde boy walked beside her.

Boy.

Yes I am referring to him as a boy.

I am in my final year of college anyway, only transferring here to finish up my business degree.

And by the looks of it, he was no doubt a freshmen going through one of those body builder phases. Large muscles rippling through his bright red and dull hunter green plaid sweater vest and crisp white button down.

Charming, yes but extraordinarily predictable and childish.

I tugged on my blue and white stripped tee, brushed off my dark blue skinny jeans and stared hopelessly down at my beat up black vans as an elderly woman trudged into the room.

I immediately straightened up my posture as she sat down behind the desk and called me forward to sit down and "chit chat".

"And you must be-"

"I assume you know who I am, you have looked at my record I suppose."

"Yes..." She trailed off, tired eyes skimming through my paperwork.

"You're transferring again due to sports related injuries? That makes you seem like a-"

"Dullard? Pillock? Yes, i've heard those among other SAT words thrown in my face due to my quick thinking and rash decision to no longer attend Boston university"

She swallowed quickly and indulged in silence.

"Hockey was nothing short of my life yes, but after the numerous gory fights concluded, it was only the inevitable that I'd be injured beyond repair, yes?" I smirked, knowing I'd won.

"You're very well spoken. Unexpectedly well spoken. The dean made an outstanding decision accepting you here. Congratulations once again, please take your dorm key and be on your way dearie." She gave me a warm hearted smile and a quick laugh as did I as I thanked her.

Dorm room 305.

"Is 305 on the left side or right?" I called out over my shoulder.

"Evens on the left, odds on the right. 305 will be directly next to 303. It's a corner dorm, quite spacious and all."

"Thank you for your help." I nodded and started my walk up to dorm 305.