Chapter 11:Feelings

The next day,I acted as if nothing had happened though it still hurts like hell.But this was nothing compared to the rest.I've suffered worse.Soryu was looking at me all day,as if trying to figure out what I said last night.Shit,I really was a big mouth,wasn't I?

Baba and Ota acted like my slaves.Asking every minute if I needed anything.It was starting to get annoying though I was touched by their kind gesture.I never had anyone be kind to me before so this is strange.I walked out and went to town.I stopped in front of my favourite bookstore.

I loved this bookshop because it had all the detective novels I wanted.I walked in an smiled as I breathed in the crisp smell of books.I didn't bother a second glance at the other shelves as I made a beeline for the detective section.I scanned the shelf.'Valhalla's police?'already got it.'Hangman's doors?'ditto.Finally I spotted the one I want.

'Kill or get hunted'I've been looking for that book for ages.My hand rested on the edge of the book just as another hand rested on top of mine."Carolyn?"I jumped back in shock.

"Ah,Soryu"what's he doing here?I looked at the pile of books he was holding.He must've noticed because he blushed."Heh,so the Hong Kong mobster likes detective novels eh?"he blushed even harder at that.

"I could say the same for you.What are you doing here?"I blushed at that as he smirked."Lemme guess,you like this sort of books too?"I blushed furiously at that comment as I turned away.I grabbed the book I was looking for an headed straight for the register as Soryu followed behind.

"You mind if I borrow that once you're done?"Soryu said as he went to the register beside mine.

"Sure"I muttered as I exited.We walked along side by side as we carried out books."So which author do you like?"

"Rowell Carson"I widened my eyes as a grin formed on my lips.

"Really?!He's my favourite author too!!!"I was unable to hide the excitement in my voice.

"Maybe we should meet up to exchange books sometime?"he suggested as I nodded."But not a word to the guys.If they ever found out,I'll never live it down"he groaned as I laughed.

"Deal!"we continued to talk as we made our way to the office.

"Wait,you mind if I dropped this off first?"I nodded and he hailed a taxi but not before asking if I had a car first.When I shook my head no,he instantly flagged down a taxi as we go in.A thing I gotta say,his mansion's not half bad.

It's quite big though not as big as compared to mine.We went inside and I gasped when I saw the bookcase of detective novels.I quickly scanned through it and found some I haven't read yet."You've gotta lend me some of these!"I say excitedly as he chuckled.

"Only if you lend me yours"I nodded as he went to put down his books."So,since we currently have absolutely nothing to do,mind giving me a detour of your house?"I smirked.

"My pleasure"we took a taxi to Fersal street which was near my 'house'.When it came to view,Soryu whistled.

"So who owns that?"I smirked as we headed towards it.

"That would be me"I can't describe the expression on his face as we walked up the driveway.

"THIS?!This is your house?!!!"He shouted as he looked in awe.

"Yup.Now,come on in"He stepped inside and his mouth hung open as he stared at everything.

"Dude,a fly's gonna go into your mouth if you open it any wider"I laughed as he shut it.His hand smoothed over my shelf of detective novels.

"You've got to lent me these!"his eyes shine like a kid at a candy store as he took out one of the books.

"Sure thing"I led him outside where he took a look at my babies.

"A BMW,a Porsche,a Ferrari,a Lamborghini and a Jaguar?!What are you?!A billionaire?!"He shouted again.

"Hmm,I wouldn't say billionaire.Trillionaire's the more appropriate word"after awhile of loud shouting,we finally walked out as we took my Porsche to the office.I never let anyone into my house,not even boss so why did I let him?An enemy in?I couldn't be developing feelings for him,it would just get in the way.

But even as I thought that,there was a little screaming voice in my head that kept thinking what if he wasn't an enemy?Would I have dated him?