Chapter 19:Forced Marriage

I broke it off with Daniel the next day.He nods as if expecting this."I hope our work relationship won't change"I say and he smiles.

"Don't worry,it won't"he gives me another smile before walking off.*sigh* sorry Daniel...but it just wouldn't be fair to you if I still loved Soryu even though we're a couple.Tch,curse my soft heart.

Suddenly,Rowen bursts into the room."Carolyn!The Grim Hounds have sent us a message!!!"

"!!!!"The Grim Hounds?!I snatch the envelope from Rowen as I rip it open.

'Dear Carolyn,
I have received news that you are now and currently,the Hell Dragons new boss?Well then,I am interested in making a deal with you.It's like this.I need a strong,powerful and nonetheless beautiful wife by my side in order to rule the Grim Hounds.I have heard many things about you and decided to make you an offer.Be my wife.The marriage will be at the Crox Church this Sunday,12 noon.If you agree,please fill in this marriage certificate and mail it back to me.
Sincerely:Jack Jonas'

I carefully took out the marriage certificate.Should I do it?My heart belongs to another but he doesn't seem to reciprocate my feelings.I take out my black fountain pen and fill in the form.

~~~~

Soryu P.O.V.

I was sitting in the penthouse lounge along with the other guys.For some reason they were all silent.Maybe it's because of my mood or someone's dog must have died.But I didn't care as my line of thought was elsewhere.

Carolyn.....

I grieved over the pain I must have caused her.Truth be told,it's not what it seems!That woman the other day was the daughter of Hazuki Yamaha,boss of the Thousand Blades.I had to keep her entertained for the day.And much to my displeasure,she was like those other women.A flirt.I shivered as I thought of her touching me.When Carolyn came in,I could see all the hurt and sadness in her eyes.I tried to explain it to her but she fled!

I was devastated and tried to reach her since but she wouldn't pick up.It either she's choosing to ignore it or she changed her number.I sigh for the 100th time as the guys all sat around me.That night,when she came in again I thought she was finally giving me a chance to explain.I embraced her as she struggled.

But then came the biggest and most hurtful shock of my life.She had a boyfriend.The pain I felt when I saw them together....it was heart wrenching.

"Soryu!SORYU!!!!"I snapped back to reality when I heard Eiuke shouting my name.I glare at him.

"What is it?"

"You know the Grim Hounds?"I tilt my head.

"Yeah,they're the strongest mob group in Japan....why?"

Eisuke didn't say anything and handed me his tablet.

'It is said that the mob boss of the Grim Hounds and mob boss of the Hell Dragons are going to be married!This announcement was made by Jack Jonas,the boss of the Grim Hounds.He says that Carolyn of the Hell Dragons is a fine catch.Beautiful and powerful she is the ideal wife for any!The marriage is held at Crox Church on Sunday,12 in the afternoon.Jack has also generously invited anyone in the mafia who wishes to come.We look forward to seeing you there."

The article was written on 'The Mob Daily".The newspaper for monsters all across the world.My hands shook as I looked at the picture of Jack along with My Carolyn.Carolyn.....

What have you done?

I hung my head as Eisuke took his tablet back."We could crash the wedding"Eisuke suggested,fingers tapping in the tablet.

"How?The Grim Hounds are the most powerful group in Japan."Eisuke smirked.

"Never underestimate my abilities.I do believe that some of the Hell Dragons,with some persuasion will help you.And also,don't you have the Bell Crickets from Hong Kong?Just give them a call"

Well it was an idea but would the Hell Dragons really do it?I mean the Grim Hounds can offer them more of everything than we can.

"They will Soryu.Remember this,even in the mafia,family is always family.And I think Carolyn's group would want their boss to be happy then get power,don't you think?"

That was the worst reason ever but it's better than nothing.I stand up as I head for the elevator.

I will do whatever it takes to stop that wedding.