Chapter 10

"Hello, Doctor," Harry says slowly, "uh, come in

"Hello, Doctor," Harry says slowly, "uh, come in... it's fucking pouring out there."

"Thanks," Louis laughs a little and steps through the doorway as he closes his umbrella.

"What... what are you doing here?" Harry asks him.

"I... well... I wanted to surprise you," Louis shrugs, "I... I dropped Emma off at her friends' and thought... maybe you'd want company."

Harry doesn't move. His eyes stay locked on Louis, "that was very nice of you. Is that why you texted and asked where this place was earlier?"

Louis nods, chuckling some, "yeah... I... I hope this is ok."

"It's more than ok," Harry nods, "I'm glad you're here."

Louis smiles and sits the wine down on one of Harry's many tables. He's glancing around as he's taking his jacket off slowly, "this is actually really nice."

"It's a fucking mess," Harry laughs at him, "it's disorganized, there's paint everywhere..."

"It's amazing," Louis tells him, "really. It... it just seems like you."

Harry smiles and feels his cheeks burn while he puts the joint out and looks back at Louis, "so, we have all night, huh?"

Louis almost snorts as he's looking around the different canvases on Harry's many easels, "uh, I suppose so, yeah. Emma's staying with Megan, her best friend from school."

"She mentioned her,"Harry says slowly.

Harry knows that this time, being alone, is different. There's so much tension between them... they both want the same thing, yet Harry can tell Louis is hesitant about it, just as he is himself. However, he feels Louis is more afraid of taking that step than he is.

"Did you not bring any glasses for the wine?" Harry asks Louis with a smirk on his face.

Louis grins a little, "I... I didn't. I figured we could just share, if that's alright."

Harry nods, "fine by me... I've already kissed you, so..."

Louis chuckles and his face turns red again as Harry stands there watching him.

"So, which one is it you're working on?" Louis questions him. Harry looks back at the painting that is sitting unfinished behind them and points over at it.

Louis takes a few steps over, his hands buried in his pockets, "wow... who... who is that?"

"It's the wife of a man I know," Harry starts out slowly, "I... I do paintings a lot of times for people... I used to do art lessons in nursing homes... and I met several people who I did paintings for..."