Make or Break

Your POV

"Still can't get over how you could easily tell my BIGGEST secret to my brother. My BROTHER, Han Sanghyuk, my brother. Godddddddd Han Sanghyuk, I trusted you." I said as we sat in the cafeteria for lunch. "I'm really sorry babe. But I couldn't handle the look on Wonshik hyung's face." I just rolled my eyes at him. Despite feeling really angry, I know I can't stay mad at Sanghyuk for long. 

It's already the last week of school, which means I'll probably see less of Sanghyuk till next year... Or maybe not. Ever since my secret was exposed, my brother has been calling me a lot to ask for help with his songs. There are pros and cons of him knowing about my hobby. The good thing is, we get to spend more time together. The bad thing is, I won't be able to avoid the person I've always been avoiding...

Since the first day, I met all of my brother's group members, I have never and never can look into Hongbin oppa's eyes or have a decent conversation with him. Well... I wouldn't say that it was "love at first sight" but it's more of... A crush? Like, just an eye candy. Nothing more. I get nervous every time I'm around him. 

Although I get along best with Sanghyuk, there are times where I wish we weren't this close because there are some feelings that I can't describe to him or say it to him. I'm honored and blessed to have him as my best friend... It's just that, I do catch myself falling for him at times. But I'll snap out of it of course. Having feelings for him would just ruin our friendship, right? 

Right now as I'm chewing my food, I'm staring right at him. Just admiring how good he looks and how adorable the way he talks. No, I'm not in love with him. Just admiring the last bits of him before we graduate from high school. 

Graduation day would probably be the last day I'll see him. 

Sanghyuk's POV 

I looked at her as we sat by the soccer field, still considering whether I should make a move or should I just... Keep it to myself? 

"So... I guess I won't be seeing you much after this week?" She asked. All I could see in her eyes was the disappointment she's getting used to. I sighed, "well... I mean, we can still meet up. My schedule isn't 24/7 365 days you know." I jokingly pinched her nose. "I'll make time for you, I promise." I held out my pinky finger. She hesitated, but held out her pinky finger and made the promise. 

I kept staring at her as she reminisced the things we did in class. Honestly, it's not her first time talking about all these but I don't mind listening to her talk about it over and over again because I can just stare at her all day long. 

We've been friends since day one of high school and honestly, it's difficult for me to not fall fo her after everything we've been through. She's different from all the girls I've met in and outside of school. I don't have any particular "dream girl" but if you were to ask me, I would hands down say that Jiwon is my dream girl. Smart, kind, passionate and loving. How can you resist someone like her? 

But out of so many people, why do I have to compete against Hongbin hyung for her? Why must it be someone whom I treat as my own blood brother? I've been looking forward to graduation day for so long, but after knowing that Hongbin hyung likes her... I just want to get graduation done and over with. 

Hongbin's POV

Rushed to the cafe where Taekwoon hyung told me to meet at. "Order whatever you want before you take a seat," he told me. I got my usual and then sat in front of him. "Start," Taekwoon hyung said. I heaved a sigh before starting. 

"I know you know that I like Jiwon... But she's been avoiding me so much since the start. I feel like there is no point confessing to her." Taekwoon hyung stared at me and slammed his cup, "Hongbin ah, you haven't even tried confessing to her, you haven't tried anything at all. Why give up?" 

I started zoning out, but I answered Taekwoon hyung... "Because I think she already has someone." Flashbacks of the time when I saw them at the convenient store and when I saw her holding onto Sanghyuk's hand. "Why are you so sure?" 

"Because I saw it." He looked at me, "who?" I couldn't bring myself to say his name. I couldn't believe that I have to compete against someone close to me, for a girl. How could I possibly compete against someone so dear to me, for a girl? What makes things worse, is that the girl we're both fighting for is a sister to a person who is someone close to us too... 

I heaved a huge sigh, "I'm giving up. Maybe I'll tell you everything when I have the courage to do so. Thank you, for being there for me." I got up and left the cafe while Taekwoon hyung left for his musical practice. 

Should I make a move or should I just get over it? I have the option to make or break everything, but I just don't have the courage to make the decision.