Chapter 10: She's Perfect

Alex immediately scooped up Austin and shoved him in her closet. Dylan followed, puling Amber with him. Alex grabbed Dylan's arm and shook her head., motioning to Amber. They had a silent conversation with their eyes, making Amber even more uncomfortable. Finally, Dylan conceded and hid with Austin. Amber was left with no choice but to follow Alex. Alex turned to her with a deathly serious expression.

"You are my friend who came over. We are hanging out, accidentally made too much noise. We are absolutely sorry for disturbing the neighbors." She explained quickly and shoved Amber on the couch and ran to the door. 

"Dylan? Austin?" growled a man's voice. Alex forced herself to smile and shake her head at the greasy man, the same man Amber saw on the subway.

"I heard more people here." The man argued and stepped closer to Alex, who was fearless and stood her ground. Amber could tell Alex's resolve was steel. 

"Actually, this is my friend Amber. We got a little carried away with a video we're making and it got super loud!" Alex gestured to Amber on the couch who managed a weak wave. The man grunted in response and seemed to buy the story. 

"Let me know if you see them." 

"I will." Alex answered, but he already slammed the door to his apartment, ignoring her response. 

Alex gently shut the door and analyzed Amber, who was staring straight back at her in confusion. The beautiful blonde sighed and shook her head, muttering to herself, 

"This needs to stop now." Then she turned to Amber and forced another smile, this time sad. 

"Let's get Dylan and Austin." Amber only nodded and followed mute. Dylan was holding Austin when they emerged out of the clothing cave.

Alex opened her mouth to say something but Dylan cut her off. 

"I know. Thank you." He answered, kissing her cheek and then glancing at Amber. Dylan managed a halfhearted smile and told her, 

"I'll explain all of this. On the roof, 8 pm." Alex walked Amber out, but before the door closed, Amber caught the first lines of the conversation.

"Dylan, she's perfect."

"I know." Amber could see him nodding, a pause in the conversation. Than Alex broke it.

"I need to call the police. This needs to stop." A hushed argument ensued and the door shut.

Amber was left to panic (internally of course) and ponder as she walked home.