Chapter 2

Chapter Two

The saddest sight my eyes can see

Is that big ball of orange sinkin' slyly down the trees

Sittin' in a broken circle

While you rest upon my knee

This perfect moments will soon be leavin' me

Suzanne calls from Boston

The coffee's hot the corn is high

And that same sun that warms

Your heart will suck the good earth dry

With everything its opposite enough to keep you cryin'

Or keep this old world spinnin' with a twinkle in its eye

Get out the map

Get out the map

And lay your finger anywhere down

We'll leave the figurin' to those

We pass on our way out of town

Don't drink the water

There seems to be somethin' ailin' everyone

I'm gonna clear my head

I'm gonna drink that sun

I'm gonna love you good and strong

While our love is good and young

- "Get out the Map", Indigo Girls

In the past, team members would spend days at the Hub, often sleeping on hard couches or crunched into second hand leather chairs and Ianto would have none of it. Ianto also suspected that the future would not include new team members (Jack was still not ready for that) but that investigations would be staffed by people who came in and out, borrowed from other Torchwood facilities, assigned by U.N.I.T., and coerced from some governmental agency. "Hotel reservations" were out of the question – expanding the size of the Hub and making highly comfortable what was basically an underground bunker into a luxury stay was critical for morale, if nothing else.

The new "guest rooms" were more like compact, high-end extended stay suites. Each had a small refrigerator stocked with gourmet frozen meals, a microwave, cabinets for glasses, eating utensils, and dishes, a Keurig machine and a corral with a varied selection of coffees and teas, ample relaxation and work areas including a small writing desk, a chaise, a four-person mini dining table, a king size bed, closet space, and a 4K wall mount television. And it wouldn't be "comfort designed by Ianto Jones" without 1200 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, Hydrocotton bath towels, and a full line of toiletries from Crabtree and Evelyn. They were still underground, so there were no windows however to offer some sense of nature, there were three hydroponic containers, one with herbs hanging in the kitchen area and two on the nightstands with a variety of flowers one would find in any English country garden.