Chapter 22

Jamie wakes up the next morning alone once again but this time it's because she's stayed out all night. She gets up, goes over to check on her precious babies. She doesn't need Harry, she can do this alone, she has been for days now anyway. She checks on Nat first to find her quietly sucking on her thumb. It's looking more and more like she's going to look just like her momma, where as J had his daddy written all over him. When she gets to him, she sees how he is, him being the sicker of the two, she see he's struggling to breath, he's slightly blue. She runs to her case to throw on some clothes, by the time she's done she sees J is having a seizure. Instead of trying to handle two sick kids she dials 911. And tries not to panic.

Jamie is walking around the waiting room at the hospital trying to keep Natalie quiet, they have J in the back running tests on him trying to stabilize him. The constant tears rolling down Jamie's cheeks is the only emotions she's showing. Just as turns to make another trip across the room Harry comes running in, when he sees Jamie he freezes.

"Where's J?" He asks.

She points at the double doors. "They're running tests on him." Jamie tells him, keeping her distance.

"What kind of tests?" He asks.

"I don't know, Harry. He was having a seizure. They took him and and told me to have a seat and they would let me know what's going on when they find out what's wrong with him." Jamie tells him.

Harry takes a step toward Jamie and she backs away. He sighs. "Jamie, please. Will you listen to me?"

"I'm done listening to you, Harry. I'm done period." She says, shifting Nat in her arms.

"Jamie I know I'm always apologizing to you, always fucking up, but I swear I never cheated on you. I wouldn't do that. Not to you or our kids." Harry tells her honestly. "Hell I don't know why I thought telling you kissing Barb would be funny. I never even danced with her while I was out with the guys." He says with a shake of his head. "Hell it was suppose to be one night out, then it turned into 2 then more. But babe I swear all I did was drink cola and sing karaoke. It's the other guys that asked the girls to join us. I didn't find out till after you left that Barb had turned my phone down and erased all the messages you sent." He reachs up and wipes his eyes. "I'll sign whatever you want me to sign." Harry chokes out. "But please don't take my kids from me. I don't want to lose you Jamie, I love you more than I love life, but if I have to don't take my kids. If that happens I will finish what I started last time and this time no one will find me to stop me. I won't live without them and you. I swear to God I won't."

Jamie wipes her tears away. "Harry I have no intentions in keeping the kids away from you. I wouldn't do that. I just don't want to keep going through this Harry. This isn't how married life is supposed to be like. It's give and take, and so far I've been to doing all the giving, Harry. All you do is take. I'm not sure how much more I have left in me to give to you. I have to have some for the kids."

"Just stay in the house, you can have your own room." Harry begs. "Let me prove to you I can change, I will change."

"I don't know, Harry. You alway seem to do okay for a while, I let my guard down then you go back to your old ways again." Jamie says. "We keep going in circles and I'm so dizzy, I'm sick." She whispers.

Harry looks at her and realizes how much weight she's lost. She has always been tiny but she does look sick. "I'm sorry, just stay I'll help."

Jamie stands up slowly and walks to him. She hands him Nat then sits back down. "I'll stay, but it's the last time Harry. I can't do this anymore. My tank is empty."

Harry nods as he snuggles his daughter closer. The doctor comes in to let them know what's going on with their son. Basically all it is, is his fever has gotten so high his tiny body couldn't handle it and sent him into seizures. He is fine now and with the right meds can go home. So Jamie goes back to the hotel, checks out, and goes back home. She moves her things out of her and Harry's room to a room near by to be close to the nursery. She never files for divorce, promising she'll hold off to see if Harry will change.
.........