Cinderella

(This is just gonna be like the original Cinderella story but with get a little change. And this one-shot is long so be prepared)

2957 words
------------------------------------

The year was 1914 and things weren't very pleasant. World war 1 had just started, people were still sad since the Titanic had sunk. Everything was miserable.

Ian Hecox sat down on a log, groaning in pain from the severe cuts he had just got. Well see, Ian never had "the perfect life" as other people would say. His life was shit. After his mother died, his dad remarried a lady who was a total bitch and only loved him for his money. So Ian was stuck living with his 5 other stepsisters who always pushed him around. And to make things worse, his dad died in the war so Ian had no real family anymore.

Ian looked up at the grey skies of Beauvais, France. He sighed at all the smoke from the bombs of war. The skies of this city used to be so blue and clear until war had happened. He wanted to escape. He hated everything he had. All he wanted was his mother back.

Ian grabbed the empty pail in his hand and headed off into his house. "IAN COME OVER HERE!" His step-sisters yelled at him. He ran to the room and saw them all getting ready. "We need you to clean and polish our shoes for the ball tonight! And hurry up!" They growled as they fixed their hair.

"A ball? Can I come! I finished all my chores." Ian said happily. He heard an evil laugh behind him and turned to his 'mother'. "Oh Ian, you silly boy. You have no girl to take to the dance with you. And besides, you're too ugly for the dance."

They all laughed at him as they put their makeup on. Ian stood there sadly and fiddled with his fingers. "W-what about guys? A guy could take me right?" That's when they all turned to Ian with a death stare.

"A guy? Ha, you're joking right? You're not going anywhere and you better clean some more." Ian walked out the room and ran to the farm. He sat on his horse and started riding away. He didn't know where he was going but he wanted to leave.
------
The horse stopped running after about 2 hours later. Ian jumped off and tied him to a tree. "It's so peaceful here, I wonder where we are." He looked around and that's when he heard a crack of a few twigs. "H-hello? His anyone there?" He asked scarcely.

He looked around some more until his horse neighed and he looked in front of him. He saw a beautiful knight riding a graceful looking horse with a few other people. The knight acknowledged Ian and sent his friends to go somewhere else.

"Hello there." The knight said as he got off his horse. "H-hi. I'm Ian." Ian said putting out his hand out. "Anthony." The knight said shaking his hand back. "Sorry to bug you, but could you please tell me what city I'm in. I think I'm lost." Ian asked desperately.

The knight chuckled showing his bright smile as he tugged on his horse's collar. "You're in the city of Paris." Ian's eyes widened and he froze.

"P-Paris? Are you sure this city is not Beauvais? I need to head back home. N-nice meeting you." Ian stuttered as he got back on his horse. "Wait don't go!" Anthony yelled as Ian went away.
------ 
Ian ran back into his home when he saw his sisters and mother all dressed up. "The carriage will be here soon to pick us up! Make sure you guys are ready!" His mother smiled as she got her purse. "So you're just gonna leave me here all night? Where is this ball anyways?"

"The ball is all the way is Paris so there is no chance of you getting there in time." They all laughed at him once again as he walked into his small room in the attic.

"I hate my life so much. I just want everything to be normal again." He sobbed as he laid on the ground. "IAN! GET UP!" He heard a loud voice yell which made him stand up in fear. "Who the hell is here?" He said backing up the wall. That's when something sparkly grew and he closed his eyes.