THE OUIJA KNEW

As a 13 year old, I and my two best friends (J & S), were into anything and everything. We believed that you should try everything once. For about two months every Friday night, we would have a séance at whosever's house we stayed at. One night our Ouija board went on a spelling frenzy. It told us that J's brother would be in a car accident. We were so scared that we rang the hospitals and police to check for accidents.

J's mum woke up and heard us on the phone, so she came to check on us. When she found out what had happened, we were barred from having séances again -- or risked being stopped from seeing each other. We stopped the séances, but we did try to warn her brother from going in his mate's yellow car -- as was described by the Ouija. He laughed us off as silly little girls.

Three weeks later, while he was in his mate's car, J's brother hit a telephone pole and was thrown eight feet into the air. He suffered severe injuries and only narrowly escaped death because he changed where he had originally been sitting in the car. Had he not moved, he would have been killed instantly. I'm now 30 years old and have a child. I raise him to believe that anything is possible, and if it is meant to be, then it will happen. ~ Tania R.