One-Plants

Tyler has been staring at the one small plant in the corner of his window for about ten minutes. He zones out like this every day. He knows if he falls asleep now he won't wake up in the morning and then it will be the same cycle of sleeping during the day and being awake all night.

Tyler breathes in and out and falls onto his bed. He stays like this for another three minutes until he rolls around and slams his head into his mint green pillow.

"You are a very comfy pillow," he mumbles out. "Am I comfy Tyler?" he giggles at his own question before falling asleep.

~~
"Tyler are you serious? Please wake up so you can eat dinner," Tyler's mom says in an exhausted tone.

Tyler pretends to sleep while his mom is in the room even though he knows his mom is either going to pick him up and carry him or he's going to be pushed out of bed.

"I will play the song if you come downstairs," she tries poking him with her foot but almost falls.

Tyler shoots up and runs down into the kitchen and starts singing,"SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME THE WORLD WAS GONNA ROLL ME!"

Tyler's mom sighs and laughs as she sets a basket of Tyler's clothes on the edge of his bed. "You're cooking!" She says on her way down the stairs.

"Wait what? You are kidding right I was just gonna eat some chips or something," he says while he lays his head on the dining table.

"I was joking but I was going to ask if you would get something nicer on, please? I'm having the neighbors over since I work with them," she explains and takes a lasagna out of the oven.

"Oh, I don't do well around new people you know that mom," he says nervously and drums his fingers on the table.

"Well they have a son and I think he's coming over with them, you might get along. I hear he's into photography," she smiles at him and hopes he won't go back into his room and fall asleep again.

"Well I guess I'll think about it. I don't know as long as they aren't gonna ask me questions and stuff I guess I'm fine with it. I don't know," he runs his hand through his hair multiple times and goes back to drumming on the table.

"Well they might just want to have a conversation with you honey. Just try to socialize?" She suggests.

"I guess,"

There was a long silence until Tyler spoke up.

"So I'll go change then," He walks back upstairs and gets ready for a shower.

~~
When Tyler gets out of the shower he hears people downstairs already and thinks 'oh whoops I took too long.'

He puts on a plain black shirt and some black jeans and tries to make his hair look somewhat decent.

"You can do this. You can. Do it," he encourages himself to walk downstairs and all that could go through his mind was 'just do it!,'

Tyler burst into laughter right when he got to the bottom of the stairs, realizing that there were people in his dining room.

"Oh uh hey uh hi? I uh sorry I um, I'm Tyler great to see you but I'm not hungry actually mom," he runs back upstairs incredibly embarrassed and closes his door.

Commence the plant staring.

//
New fanfic oh goody.
This is going to be wOndErfUl.
Comment/Vote/and all the other good stuff.
Thanks for reading my dudes its Wednesday.