Chapter 31: Birthdays

Thank you to ticklingcth for giving me this idea. Well she didn't give it to me directly but I was reading her book the coffee house, which you should totally go read, it's amazing, and I thought of this. So her book helped.

So I know that when I was elementary school, birthdays were the biggest deal ever. The person had to bring in cake, cupcakes, or cookies and at lunch, we would get everyone to sing them happy birthday. Even during our other classes like block, (which would be things like pe, art, music, technology, things like that) and we would celebrate their birthdays then. That's elementary school.

Then there's middle school. They are buzz kills there. If you bring in cupcakes even for yourself, they will take it at the beginning of the school day or during lunch. You get no special privileges other than maybe a happy birthday from teachers and maybe a sing through of the song. I hate that so whenever my friends have a birthday, I make the most of it. Most of my friends birthdays are over the summer but I have like two friends whose birthdays are during school. With every class I have with that person, I make sure people know it's their birthday. I sing happy birthday to them every class I have with them. They hate it and it's great. Some of the teachers are cool with it as long as it doesn't take too much time.

You know what, I dare you to do the same thing to your friends on their birthday. It'll be fun, trust me. I've also decided that if you have any personal questions about middle school or if you would like me to give you advice or want me to go more in depth in a topic I've written abut, DM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.

Anyways, that's all I have for now. And as always thank you for all the support! Okay byee.