The Office

It was Sarah's first day at her new job and she was nervous, well that was definetly an understatement. She grew up in a tiny village in middle of nowhere which meant Bristol was very different to what she was used to; there were modern buildings in place of what would've been quaint cottages. She was close to her family and being away from them for so long was eventually taking its toll on her. She hadn't touched a cigarette for years and she blamed this on stress. She'd been was alone in this new city for just over a month and she hadn't left the confines of her apartment. She watched the sun rise with coffee and a cigarette in hand. Her apartment overlooked the River Avon and gave her amazing views of the city below and she smirked to herself knowing she did the right thing getting and apartment with a balcony.

The alarm on her phone beeped, it was 7am which meant it was time to get ready for the day. Sarah walked into the living room, sliding the balcony door closed before walking into her room, kicking off her bunny slippers and hanging up her dressing gown. Now the stress of picking what to wear. She stood in front of the mirror in her underwear and ran her hand over her stomach, she pulled herself out of the negative thoughts that swam in her mind about her body and walked over to her wardrobe. "Formal or casual?" she asked out loud as if she expected someone to reply. She thought it would look weird if she turned up in their own merchandise so she picked out her favourite Marvel top which was covered in prints from the vintage comics, a pair of jeans and her combat boots. She walked into the bathroom and switched on the light before scanning the room and turned on the tap staring her appearance for a while. She brushed her teeth twice because once wasn't enough to get the horrid taste of smoke from her mouth.

She picked up her bag which was filled with the essentials: Money for lunch, her diary, vitamin tablets, her cigarettes and her phone which she checked for any messages before she left - there were none. Locking her apartment door behind her she strolled into the lift and averted her eyes from her reflection. When Sarah was given the job of junior editor she was told that a taxi would take her to the office on her first week so she didn't have to worry about getting lost however she still worried immensely. She practically dragged herself into the car and smiled at the driver before putting her earphones in and listening to Ed Sheeran, the guitar solos were her weakness and she wished she'd learnt to play when she was younger.

The car stopped suddenly and she wondered how long they had been stationary for. Thanking the driver she hopped out the car and looked up at the regular looking building and it started to sink in. She had been here before. Well not literally but she'd seen the outside of the building before as it popped into occasional video and it was so surreal to actually be standing outside the building.. she still hadn't got over the fact that she was now a part of the team. Part of the family, the Yogscast family.