The past

I pushed my was outside the bar and tried to steady my sporadic breathing. This hasn't happened for months, maybe it was years. However a panic attack was inevitable because I kept it in. Mum always warned me about that I just couldn't tell anyone.

I stumbled around the side of the building and sat on the ground with my head in my hand, breathing heavily - I must've looked like a crazy woman.

You see the things that happened before changed me. Changed the way I looked at relationships and men and as I say against the wall breathing heavily it all came back. It was like I was there again.

"I can't trust men. Alex is different. He probably didn't mean it." I painted running my hands through my hair, I needed to calm down but nothing worked. I was back there again at that damn college party-too drunk to even walk and he stormed over me; the guy that ruined it all and placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into his chest. "Sarah!" He pulled back and wiped off my tears? Wait.. I shook my head and it wasn't the monster from college it was the ginger one from hat films and he looked petrified. "Imsosorry," I rushed my words and looked at him through clouded eyes.
"Hey, it's okay come here." Alex said quietly and pulled me into his arm. I don't. Know how hew found me but maybe he saw me run out. I looked over his shoulder and saw Trott standing there with a frown but I shut my eyes and let a tear fall. "I'm sorry I ruined the night and I'm a mess and a wreck and I'm sorry." I cried harder into his chest and tried to think about where this all came from. The compliment. 'I don't know, you look awesome in a dress.' That's how the college jerk started.
"Hey! Don't say that! Come on I'll take you back home." He said helping you up slowly. He patted Trott on the back and walked me to the car. "You don't have to tell me what happened. I'm sorry for not helping properly." He said opening the passenger seat door for me.

{}{}{}{}{}

We pulled up outside my apartment building and sat in silence for a while but it wasn't awkward. Alex broke the silence, "Uh, I'll walk you in." He walked around to the passenger side and opened my door and held out his hand. I didn't know why but I couldn't concentrate I just stared into space thinking about the college party. I took his hand and lead him up the stairs and I fished the key out from my dress pocket and pushed open the door before wondering in. I turned around and looked at him with a lost expression on my face. I would loose my job now. Especially if I panicked over nothing and ran off.
"I-" Alex stopped me from continuing and pulled me into his embrace and I took a deep breath. He smelled like alcohol but I guess I'd get used to that.
"Come on, let me get you into bed." He looked down at me and kissed my head softly before pulling away. I walked into my room slowly and he pulled back the covers and took my shoes. "Get some sleep yeah. You don't have to come into the office tomorrow if you don't want. Just message me in the morning." He walked over to the door and smiled softly. I was so thankful for him.