Kaosu no Tengoku Ch9

Chapter 9: Worthy Opponent

            I quickly ran through the forest with a destination in mind and excitement showing on my face. After running for a while, I arrived at in large, circular grassland surrounded by trees and there I saw someone familiar in the middle.

            “Ran!” I shouted as the person looked at me. He was my height, 5 foot 5, with blonde hair and green eyes with a small braid on the left side of his head tied by a red ribbion. He wore a blue shirt and dark green pants with a sword sticking on his right side. His body was slim yet there were muscles throughout his body.

            “Hey, Ren,” Ran waved in a low voice.

            “So let’s begin.” I said as I readied my fists to fight.

            “Round 1, two minutes. Begin.” Ran said as he drew his sword.

            I quickly threw a jab at his face when he lunged at me but was evaded by twisting his body from course moving towards my left side. He slashes at me instead of blocking I took it head on and jabs at his face. Ran drops to dodge and withdraws the sword embedded in my side, then aimed for an upward slash. I my eyes gleamed with anticipation as I leaned towards my right and kicked at with my left leg him. He backs steps while also cutting off my leg near the thigh.

The blood spattered from my wound but both of us continue fighting. Instead of a full body drop, I supported myself with my left hand and redirected my right leg to hit his left shoulder. He side stepped with ease and prepared to cut my leg off. He swung but I used both my hands on the ground and shot myself forward. I slid a few feet, caught his knee and forced his knees to buckle while simultaneously reconnect my left leg. I supported my body by slamming my left arm on the ground and kicked at his back with my right leg.

He leans forward while simultaneously stabbing my arm holding his knee and quickly getting out of my grip. He withdraws his blade and swung it at my head, but stops in mid-swing.

“Two minutes up.” I said with scorn as I got up and he slid his sword back into its scabbard. We both sit on the ground and I was adjusting the reattached leg back. I heard a rustle in the nearby trees.

“Haruka, come out.” I shouted as she came out. “You aren’t bringing me back?”

“I was but you felt different in that. More intense maybe?” Haruka asked.

“It was intensive enough for you not to stop me? Well it must’ve been pretty good.” I laughed.

“So what changed?” Haruka asked seriously.

“He is the only person that I can fight seriously.” I said.

“He? I thought it was a she?” Haruka titled her head.

“Really? I thought Ran was a guy?” I questioned.

“I’m a girl you know.” Ran interrupted.

“What? You seem like a guy to me and your voice is even deep.” I said.

“Well excuse me for not having a girl wear and high voice.” Ran complained.

“Oh my bad.” I said nervously.

“Time to go back.” Haruka ordered.

“Wait they’re here.” I stood up as the trees surrounding us started to rustle relentlessly. Then emerged small creatures only 2 feet tall are big stomach, head and small arms and legs with sharp jagged teeth.

“Hobgoblins.” Haruka informed.

“Ran, you completed it yet?” I asked.

“Yeah, here you go.” Ran said as she tossed a tied up string with two steel rings with gold lining and dark crimson Chinese dragons engraved.

“Let’s begin.” I said as I ripped both rings in each hand. It shone and changed into pure black gloves. Then Ran and I rushed towards the army of hobgoblins.

After a few minutes, we were sitting on the floor with hundreds of hobgoblins on the ground beaten up.

“How many you get?” I huffed.

“204.” She replied.

“I got 205. Looks like I won.” I said happily.

“I see so the vision was right?” She asked.

“Yeah.” I said sadly.

“Vision?” Haruka interrupted.

“Oh yeah, well Ran’s ability is Type Precognition Class Closet Possibility Characteristic Important Event.” I described.

“So what happened in the vision, Ren?” Haruka questioned.

“It’s not something I should talk about.” I hesitated. “I’ll go back now.”

“I didn’t catch your name.” Ran asked Haruka as I left.

“Oh, it is Suzuki Haruka.” She introduced.

“I see, well you will play an important part in the future and I hope you will listen to your heart when the time comes.” Ran warned.

“Sorry, that must sound crazy but we precognition types shall see future events from a month to eternity in time. You will have to make your choice and hopefully it’ll be for the best.” Ran added.

“Ahh.” Ran croaked as she dropped on the ground covering her head, Haruka quickly ran over to see what happened.

“Die! Our deaths from your decision must be stopped!” Ran hissed in the angered high-pitched tone as if she was someone else. Then she grabbed Haruka’s neck and attempts to crush it.

“A-ah.” Haruka struggled for air.

“S-suppress.” Haruka whispered, when suddenly Ran’s grip relaxed and she fell on the ground.

“What happened?” She said confused as she got back up while Haruka rubbed her neck.

“It was nothing.” Haruka lied.

“Oh, this is the first time something like this happened, I wonder what came over me.” Ran said completely oblivious to what conspired.

               “Well, I better get going.” Haruka waved as she ran after Ren.