Leaving

It was midnight, and I was keeping my word of staying in the gym. My phone went off, and I answered. My mom was screaming at me through the phone. "Oh, hi mom." I answered calmly. I was used to this. "Fine. I'll just fail that major Science test tomorrow." I hung up on her. What she doesn't know is that there is no Science test... I walked home in the night, and I could hear sirens a block away. There were police officers everywhere, and the only thing I could think was, Shit. Brendon is trying to get me killed. "Who called the cops?" An officer walked up to me. "Ma'am, please leave." "Oh, that's funny. My mother just told me to come home, and I happen to live in that house." I pointed at the house the cops were surrounding. "You're Lindsey Wallis?" I nodded. "Come inside." I followed the officer inside. "Hey, sweetheart." Mom greeted me. This is all a lie so she won't go to jail. "Hey Mom." I knew I was going to die. "Why don't you sit down and clear up the news, huh?" Mom offered. Uh, no. If I've learned anything, it's don't sit down. She'll have the advantage so she can kill me. "What news?" I asked her. I really wanted the cops to leave, but I also really wanted them to take me with them. "Well, the police were notified by someone that I've been abusing you." And that someone is Brendon Urie. "Um... I'm not answering that." I was freaking out. "Well, am I abusing you?" Mom asked me. "Take a look at me and tell me if I'm the daughter of a woman that actually feeds her kid." I blurted. Why the hell did I just say that??!! Now I AM going to die!!! The cop's eyes widened. "Thank you. That's all we're going to need. I'll be by later to pick you up." As soon as the cop left, Mom turned on me. I immediately ran to the attic, shut the door, and locked it before Mom could catch up to me. I grabbed my razor. "OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR." Mom shouted from the other side. "NO." I objected. "OPEN IT or so help me God." Mom ordered. "GOD WOULDN'T HELP SOMEONE LIKE YOU BITCH!!" And I just signed my own death certificate... Mom tried to break the door down. "OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR NOW!!" "NO!!" I screamed back. "Fine. You have to leave sometime!" Mom pointed out. "That's what I've got a window in here for!" I shouted. "Not on my watch!!" Mom tried to stop me. "YOU THINK SO, BITCH?!" I shouted. "Harold, get the window!" Mom shouted. "NOT TODAY!!" I screamed, jumping out the window and running off. "COME BACK!!" Mom shouted, but I could barely hear her. I ran to the school, only to find Brendon waiting for me.