Cameron

It had been a week since my mom got arrested, and things were starting to settle down. Brendon was off getting groceries, so I was watching SpongeBob SquarePants until he got back. My phone went off, and it was a text from Cleo. Wait... How did she get my number??!! It said that I should kill myself, which was pretty usual. Mental note: kill Maci. Raina texted next, saying that everything I did was for attention, and my mom got falsely arrested. How does Maci find out this shit?! Is she some kind of spy or something?! Somebody knocked at the door, and I grabbed a kitchen knife before answering, just in case. A blonde man stood at the door. His ice blue eyes had some weird lust in it, and he had a bag with him. "Found you, Lindsey." He remarked. Fuck. I forgot about Cameron. "I'm not moving in with you. Just leave." I told him and closed the door. He caught it and tried to push it open while I tried to push it shut. "Please, Lindsey. Just give me a chance." Oh, now all the repressed memories of  Cameron are coming back. "No, Cameron. I'm not leaving. I finally have something good. I'm not about to throw it all away to go back to you!" Life with him was pretty bad. Hookers, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, hell, I still know the prison terms I learned from him. "I've changed. Just give me a chance." Cameron was beginning to win the door war. No, that bitch hasn't. He's probably high on meth and cocaine right now. "No, you haven't. I can tell." I've seen him say he would change when I was 2. He didn't change a single bit. "Lindsey! Your mom's in jail. Now I can have you back." Oh, yeah. I remember that whole war over who got me. Kidnappings every week, at least. "Excuse me sir, this is my apartment." Brendon interrupted the conversation. Cameron stopped for a second and suddenly pushed the door open, smashing me behind it. "Who the fuck are you?!" Cameron shouted at Brendon. "Um, I'm Brendon, the guy Lindsey's staying with. Who the fuck are you?" "I'm Cameron, Lindsey's dad." Cameron doesn't deserve that title. Nobody does. "Um, I heard that Lindsey's mom went to jail, and I came by to get Lindsey, because her stepdad said she was here." Oh, fuck off, Cameron. I'm not going anywhere with you. "The police said she could stay with me." Brendon argued. "Well, the police don't know about me. Her mom made sure of that." Cameron argued back. "Ow." I moaned in pain. "Lindsey!" Brendon pushed the door shut a little so he could grab my hand and drag me out from behind the door. "Lindsey, give me the knife." Brendon commanded, grabbing it and nestling it out of my other hand. "You see whyI didn't want you to be with Mary? She's psychotic." Cameron remarked. "You think I don't know that?" I argued. "Sir, I'm asking you to leave. Lindsey's in my care now." Brendon pointed the knife at Cameron. "I've seen scarier than that. Now let me have my daughter." Cameron pulled out a gun and pointed it at Brendon. Motherfucker. I should've known that he'd still have the gun on him. "Fuck off, Cameron! I'm staying here!" I shouted, getting up, despite the pain, and stepping in front of Brendon. "Lindsey, NO!" Brendon shouted right before Cameron pulled the trigger. The bullet hit me somewhere in the abdomen. Cameron stood there at the door, looking down at me. Brendon held me in his arms as my stomach bled. Suddenly, he picked me up and carried me out of the apartment to his car. Cameron had followed us down, and I recognized his crappy green 1987 truck. Brendon put me in the passenger seat, jumped in the driver seat, and drove as fast as he could to the hospital. "You're gonna be okay, Doll." Great. Now I get to add 'being shot' to my life experiences before 18. Brendon carried me bridal style into the hospital as soon as we got there, and he was in a frantic. "Mr. Urie!" The cop from my mom's arrest ran up to us. "Officer! Save Lindsey! Please." Brendon begged. I was rushed into surgery and put under anesthesia too quick for me to process anything.