The Next Morning's Arrest

Brendon fell asleep with me in his arms on the couch, by the looks of it. He carefully got up and made sure to not disturb me, probably not knowing I was awake. Brendon stood to stretch, and I kissed him on the cheek. "Morning." Brendon greeted me. "Morning to you, too." I smiled at him. "What do you want for breakfast?" Brendon asked me. I freaked out. God damnit!! Breakfast involves eating food and- "Chill, chill. You don't have to worry about parental judgement anymore. I think you can eat." Brendon reassured me. "Sorry. You just get used to it after a long time." Brendon patted my head. "I know." "I guess I'll have pancakes." I decided. You are making a HUGE mistake, Lindsey. "Alright. Pancakes coming up." Lins, you know you're going to freak out over this. Brendon got up and walked to the kitchen, and I decided to go find a scale. The scale I was looking for was between the toilet and the counter, and I stepped on it. The scale said 50 lbs. "HOLY FUCK." I shouted. "What is it?" Brendon shouted from the kitchen. "The scale says I'm 50 lbs." Brendon stopped whatever he was doing and walked into the bathroom. "Holy shit. For fucks sake you need food." Brendon told me. I started muttering about how I'm going to regret eating. "No, you're not. This isn't good for you." Brendon grabbed my hands, and I hugged him. He hugged me back. "You're perfect. Don't let anyone say anything different." Brendon remarked. I gave up and let Brendon take into the kitchen. "Sit, and I'll make food." I did so. 50 pounds...Is that still too fat? Brendon whistled the tune to 'Hallelujah' while going to the stove, and I started singing. "All you sinners, stand up, sing Hallelujah. Show praise with your body, stand up, sing Hallelujah. And if you can't stop shaking, lean back, let it move right through ya. Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers. My life started the day I got caught. Under the covers with secondhand lovers, oh. Tied up in prettier things. In a state of emergency, who was I tryna be? Then the time for being sad is over, and you miss em like you miss no other. And being blue is better than being over it. All you sinners, stand up, sing Hallelujah. Show praise with your body, stand up, sing Hallelujah. And if you can't stop shaking, lean back, let move right through ya. Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers. I was drunk, and it didn't mean a thing. Stop thinking about the bullets from my mouth. I love the things you hate about yourself. Just finished a daydream, who were you tryna be? Then the time for being sad is over, and you miss em like you miss no other. And being blue is better than being over it. No one wants you when you have no heart and, seeing better in my brand new scars and, you never know if you don't ever try again. So let's try, let's try, let's try. All you sinners, stand up, sing Hallelujah. Show praise with your body, stand up, sing Hallelujah. And if you can't stop shaking, lean back, let it move right through ya. Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers. All you sinners, stand up, sing Hallelujah. Show praise with your body, stand up, sing Hallelujah. And if you can't stop shaking, lean back, let it move right through ya. Say your prayers, say your prayers, say your prayers." I finished singing. Brendon had been singing the background music. "You ever think about joining choir club? That voice of yours is amazing." I blushed, smiling at him. Brendon smiled back, grabbing some pans. "You're making me a feast, aren't you?" I guessed. "Maybe." His smile turned to a devious smirk. My mother's ringtone went off. "Fucking bitch titty." I slammed my head on the counter. Nice way to ruin the moment, Mom. "What?" Brendon asked me. "It's my mother." "The fuck?" Brendon rushed over to me. I answered, which was probably a mistake. "The fuck you want, woman? The fuck you mean you found me?" She hung up on me. "Well, fuck." I walked over to the window to find police cars surrounding the building. "Oh, that bitch didn't." Brendon followed me. "What the fuck? Please explain." "My bitch ass mother said she found me and there are police officers outside the building." Brendon opened the door. "The fuck? Hold on, let me handle this." I grabbed his arm. "No, please don't. If she's out there, I don't want you to die." Brendon turned to me and brushed my blonde hair out of my face. "It's okay, Lindsey. If there's cops, she can't do anything." He continued walking and holding me close to him. We exited the building. "What could they do to us?" I whispered. I didn't want to leave Brendon. "I don't know." A cop walked up to us. "Hi, sir. What's the meaning of all this?" Brendon asked him. I cowered in fear. "We got a call from the girl's mother saying she ran off, and we traced her phone to here." I hid behind Brendon, knowing he'd protect me. "Oh. Well, she wanted to stay with me. We're really good friends." I tugged on Brendon's shirt and pointed at a blonde woman in the distance. "That's her." "And I'm suspecting that her mother might be abusive." Brendon continued his conversation with the cop. I wrapped my arms around Brendon's waist. "It's alright. You're safe." Brendon whispered. "I can't calm down." I told him. He gripped my hands. I looked at the cop. "Please let me stay with Brendon." I begged him. The cop nodded, walked over to my mom, and put her in handcuffs. "See? You're safe now." Brendon hugged me as I hugged him. Seeing my mother finally get arrested was a thing I needed to see years ago. "Come on. Let's go back inside."