Almighty Althea

Sarah only made it a few feet before she ran into two horrid looking  creatures. Their faces resembled that of a human but their bodies were green and scaly like an overgrown reptile. Screaming, Sarah tries to dart the other way. The largest transfigure whipped his large tail around her legs, causing her to plummet to the ground.

"You're coming with us!" He says, dragging her bruised body across the frozen terrain.

"Let me go! Let me go!" Sarah screams, trying to squirm free of the reptiles grip. No matter how hard she fought, the creature kept moving back towards the cave. 

"Where do you want her?" One of the creatures utter.  Glancing up, Sarah sees Althea stirring something inside a large pot. 

"The table will be fine." Plopping her in the chair the duo turns back towards their master. "

"Will that be all, my queen?"

"Make sure you get rid of her car."

"Yes, your majesty. Sarah watches their long scaly tails swish back and forth as they waddle towards the door.

"Here eat this." Althea instructs, placing a bowl of soup in front of her.

"I don't want your stinking food!" She yells, knocking it on the floor.

"Bad manners will get you nowhere with me, young lady!" She scolds, circling her finger over the bowl. The vegetable mix hops back into the container. Althea raises her hand up, causing the dish floats to the edge of the table.  

"I'm going home as soon as this storm blows over." She defiantly states, bringing her knees up  to her chest

"Home, to a place you're being evicted from? To a life where you have no means of support? Back to a cheating boyfriend and back stabbing friends? Is that what you really want to do, Sarah?"

"How do you know all of that?"

"I know about everything that's happened to you from the moment you were born"

"Why?"

"You, my dear child are going to help me lift a dreaded curse off of our family."

"Our family? No, no you got it all wrong! I'm not related to you! I can't be!" She yells, rising from her chair.

"I'm afraid you are Sarah my darling. See your grandpa is my father.

"I know you're lying now because my dad was an only child."

"No sweet child, your father was the only child that survived in mortal form. Your uncle and I were cursed to eternal damnation by an evil sorceress before being burned alive. We returned to this earth as shape shifters each to live their life in their own eternal hell.

"I remember grandpa telling me about how he and dad came back from a fishing trip to find their house completely destroyed, but he never once mentioned losing his children in that horrid disaster."

"That's because he blames himself for angering the sorcerer which ultimately led to our demise."

"What has all of this got to do with me?"

"The planets lined up in a perfect formation the moment you were born. This caused a Harmonic convergence which gives you extraordinary powers. Powers far greater than your uncle or I have. Unlike your uncle or I, you, my dear are free to roam about."

"Special powers, like witchery?"

"Yes, this is why you can do things normal humans can't."

"I know I can do a few things but..."