The Search Continues

Al rushes to the boutique. He'd become so preoccupied with Lisa that he'd completely lost track of time. He tried to open the shop's white antique door but soon realized it was locked. Glancing up he sees the closed sign dangling in the window.

"It can't be closed already can it?" He asks glancing at his watch. Seeing it was a quarter after six he taps on the glass. There was no reply. He taps again, a lot harder this time but no one came to the door.

"Julia has to still be in there," he says, tapping on the glass again. He was trying to figure out how to unlock the old wooden door when an older sales lady rushes to the door.

"We're closed for the day, sir. We'll reopen again at nine in the morning," she says, quickly pulling down the shade.

"Wait, you don't understand! Seeing her walk away he taps on the glass again. Turning on her heels she huffs back towards the door.

"I said we're closed sir," she sharply states.

"My girlfriend is still in there."

"I'm the only one in this shop, sir."

"Could you please check for me?"

"Fine, I'll be right back." Al started pacing back and forth waiting for her to return. She has to be in there, she just has to be," he thinks as he continued pacing back and forth.

"I'm sorry sir but she's not here. She must have left right after that young man bothered her."

"What young man?" He asks, anxiously shifting his weight back and forth.

"A strangely looking young man came in demanded to speak to your girlfriend. He started upsetting her so we escorted him out of the store."

"Did she go with him?"

"Of course not. She must have slipped out the back without me seeing her. "

"You have a back door?"

"It's an old service door."

"Show me." The sales lady glances towards her watch then back up at the man. Before producing a set of keys.

"I have somewhere I need to be so we have to make it quick," She informs him, rushing to the back of the store.

"I just did lock this thing," she says, nervously fumbling with the key ring.

"Here, let me," he says, grabbing the ring from her hands. Shoving the door open he started looking around. Al soon discovered she was nowhere in sight. He started to go back inside when he sees her odd looking bracelet lying a few feet from the door. Scooping it up he starts to examine it. He noticed that the clasp was completely bent out of shape like it's been snagged loose.

"How long has it been since you last saw her?" She glances down at her watch.

"I'd say about a half hour, sir."

"I guarantee she didn't leave on her own," he says shaking the bracelet around in his hand.

" Do you want me to call the police?"

"No, I'll handle it myself," he says, storming back through the store."

***

With a plan in mind, Althea sends the boys back to retrieve Susan. When they arrived they find they're in a completely different area. Glancing around, Ty sees a variety of shops. At the end of the strip mall sat a tavern that had recently been closed down.

"What are we doing out here?" Brian questions

"She must be around here somewhere. TY says,  quickly glancing around. Taking a few steps south he sees the light on the ornament completely disappear. Retreating his steps he heads north. The lights dim again. Moving back to his original position, he heads west the jewel comes to life.