Forces Unite

Ty was sleeping soundly  beside his two buddies when he's startled awake by a slamming door followed by a deep voice yelling something in Spanish. By the tone of his voice, you could tell he wasn't happy. Ty started to doze off again when he hears a woman answers him in  a pleading tone.

"I don't know what's going on out there but I wish they'd keep it down," he thinks throwing a pillow over his head. He just started to doze off again when he hears someone bolting up the steps. He then hears doorknobs being giggling as someone's  running down the hallway. I sure hope that lock holds he thinks. Scrunching down between his two buddies.

"What's going on Ty?" Brian sleepily mumbles

"I'm not sure." Listening closely, the two boys hears someone stomping up the steps. 

"You're not getting away from me!" The gruff voice states in broken English as he storms down the hall.

"Don't you think we should help the person?" Brian asks.

"And risk getting ourselves killed?" Ty whispers back.

"What if it's Sarah?"

"Sarah doesn't speak Spanish."

"Well, I can't just lay here and do nothing!" He says quickly tossing the covers back.

"No!" Ty yells as he unlocks the door. Throwing the door open Brian quickly looks down the hall. He sees a young lady,  running towards him. Her hair was a knotted mess at the top of her head. Her face was red and swollen with fresh bruises all along her cheekbones. The lady's clothes are torn to shreds exposing numerous whelps and bruises up and down her thin pale body.

"In here!" Brian says, pulling her in the room, Bolting the door, Brian began looking for a safe place to hide. Grabbing her arm, he leads her to the bathroom.

"Wake up, guys!" Ty says, frantically shaking his friends.

"What's going on, Ty?" Jeremy mumbles.

"We have to hide in the bathroom."

"Why?" He whines. Someone pounds on the door.

"That's why." Ty says jumping off of the bed. Hearing the pounding again the two remaining boys runs to the bathroom and locks the door.

"Who's out there, Ty?"

"I'm not sure who he is." Looking towards the frightened lady hunkered down in the corner, he continues.

"And unless you guys speak Spanish I doubt she'll be any help."

"What are we going to do Ty?"

"I said, open this door." The deep voice demands.

"I don't know," he says, quickly surveying the room. The boys hear gunshots followed by a loud bang.

"I think he's in the room," Brian says, hunkering down next to the woman.

***

"Honey, it's time to wake up," Sarah says, as she gently shakes the stranger. Groggily lifting her head off of the table, she starts looking around. Seeing Julia squatted down next to her, she wraps her arms around her new friend's neck.

"We made it, Julia We made it!" She exclaims

"Yes honey, we made it."

"I was so afraid they were going to kill us."

"Who honey, who was going to kill us?"

"Bugs Moran and his gang. They said that they were going to kill you because you're ACapone's lover and me because I helped you escape. Don't you remember that? Don't you remember being tied up in a cage and being beaten nearly to death."