Chapter 6: Wake me up

*Troye's pov*

I glanced up from my laptop to my phone which had just buzzed on my bedside table. I reached across my comfy position in my bed to grab it and opened it up, to reveal that Connor had sent me a link to what appeared to be a cat video. I clicked on the link to see a video of different cats being scared by cucumbers... They were pretty awesome reactions though, some of them full on leaped in the air to get away from the 'deadly' cucumber. While chuckling at some of their reactions I reply to him.

Troye:~ Hahaha cute ...wonder if all cats are scared of cucumbers or just a few random weirdos?

Once that has sent I go back to my laptop, while contemplating why he chose to sent that video, as in the last week since we'd started talking we'd since added each other on Facebook but we hadn't got to the stage of sending random videos (I mean we also hadn't actually met each other yet but anyway). So I wonder why he chose to start with this one. Although I was still amazed at how close I felt to him even though we hadn't met in person yet and I've only known him a week or so, although the only reason we hadn't met up was because our schedules didn't fit well together, me with my training at the coffee shop with Tyler and then fitting in sightseeing and exploring and my unusual sleeping schedule, whereas he has his morning swims, lifeguard job and other commitments with friends and family members.

Connor:~ My thoughts exactly! So I decided to test the theory out.
~video attached~

Wondering what he means by that I click on the video, which opens up to reveal a cat sat there minding it's own business before then the video turns around to reveal Connor grinning wildly whilst brandishing a cucumber. The camera is then turned back to face the cat and Connor appears to slowly creep closer, whilst holding the cucumber out. The suspense is building and then the cat turns around stares at the cucumber and then starts licking itself. My face falls at such an anticlimax before the camera is turned to face Connor again who is pulling such an overly grumpy face that I burst out laughing and how ridiculous he is. However, before I manage to contain my giggles long enough to type out a reply, I feel my phone vibrate again.

Connor:~ Myth Busted

This just makes me laugh harder and it takes me a few minutes to get back to some resemblance of calm, but once I do I manage to type out a reply for him.

Troye:~You're so lame and I cannot believe you just did that but oh my god you just made my day!

Connor:~Hey! Quality show right there ;P Anyway you liked it so that makes you lame

Troye:~Since when did I say I wasn't lame?

Connor:~Good point

Troye:~Hey! You're not meant to agree with that

Connor:~Well I did so what are you gonna do about it?

Troye:~I'm sending death glares at you in my head

Connor:~Haha and you say I'm lame ;P

Troye:~Rude, anyway I should probably get to sleep, gotta be up to get the school bus tomorrow morning :/

Connor:~Can't you drive?

Troye:~No not yet, I was having lessons in Perth but hadn't taken my test yet. Gotta find a new instructor here.

Connor:~ Well I can, so I could give you a lift if you like?

Troye:~ Aah but I've never actually met you ;P and you should know that getting into stranger's cars is not recommended

Connor:~ What am I gonna do? Kidnap you?

Troye:~ Well you never know, I don't know and I'm not sure I want to know what you'd do to me ;)

Connor:~ Ok I'm just gonna ignore that comment

Troye:~ Hahaha

Connor:~ So do you want a lift or not?

Troye:~ Hmm I dunno I'm still not sure I should ;P

Connor:~ We don't have to leave as early as the bus, so you'd get extra sleep

Troye:~ Damn, you found my weakness, I give in

Connor:~Haha, be ready for 8:40

Troye:~ Eugh that's early, do I have to?

Connor:~ Yes now quit complaining, set an alarm and get some sleep

Troye:~ Fine, see you in the morning

Connor:~ Goodnight Troye Boy

And with a happy smile on my face, despite the prospect of the early morning tomorrow, I set my phone alarm and snuggled down into my bed, soon drifting into a peaceful sleep.