23.

In the morning Sadie woke Rebecca up and then they got ready and joined the men in the kitchen. They ate a little something and then left for Volterra. In the back of the car there was a picnic which Paolo's mother had prepared. The weather was beautiful and hot. It was the first time since she had arrived that she hadn't thought of Sandro. . The drive through the Tuscany country side was just breathtaking and Rebecca couldn't get over how wonderful it all was. "Wait until you see Volterra", said Sadie in excitement. "I want you to see where we have decided to move too". "I thought you wanted it to be a surprise"? said Paolo laughing. "You know me", said Sadie. "I can't keep anything to myself". "It's just that I couldn't wait to tell you"." What kind of place have you bought"? Asked Rebecca curiously? "Well, we decided that Paolo isn't going back to the ships and between the two of us we have managed to save some money, so we have bought an old farm house and we are going to renovate it." We then want to rent out rooms to tourists". "Oh"! "That sounds fantastic", said Rebecca enviously, thinking of her little piece of paradise. 

The drive to Volteera took about an hour and before she new it they had arrived. We'll first go up to the town and then we'll take you to see our farm. Volterra was fantasic, to reach the town you had to drive up a big hill and the town was situated on the top of it. The view from the top was breathtaking and the whole town was old and antic and the atmosphere was fantastic. "What do you think", asked Sadie. "There aren't words that can describe this place", said Rebecca emotionaly. "Wait until you see where the farm is". They spent some time walking around and Mirko told Rebecca about the history of Volterra. Going back down the hill Sadie sat infront with Paolo and Mirko sat in the back with Rebecca. He was really interesting to listen too and Rebecca really enjoyed his company. "Close your eyes", said Sadie enthusiastically. Rounding the corner Paolo stopped the car. "Okay you can open them now", said Sadie. Rebecca opened her eyes and the sight before her was gorgeous. The farm house was old but it had alot of potential and there was alot of ground to it. 

They showed her the stables where they were going to build the apartments to rent and they also showed them where they were going to put the swimming pool. "Well, what do you think"? asked Paolo. "I think it's fantastic", said Rebecca.They spent the day there and had there picnic in the grounds of the farm house. Rebecca was so pleased to see Sadie this happy.After they had finished eating Mirko asked her if she wanted to go for a walk. Rebecca agreed and the two of them set of to look around Sadie and Paolo's property. "Isn't it beautiful here"? said Rebecca. "Yes" replied Mirko. They had walked for about an hour when Mirko seeing that she was in difficulty climbing over the fence, took hold of her hand. Rebecca let him help her and when they had arrived at the end of the field she gently pulled her hand out of his. Seeing the disappointment on his face, she decided that it was time to clear the air. Sitting down on a rock Rebecca said, "Mirko I think there's something we need to talk about". The only thing is that I don't know where to start".

Mirko sat down beside her; "Whatever it is you can tell me". "Okay", she said, taking a deep breath. "I really enjoy your company, but it's too early for me to think about another relationship". "I'm still deeply in love with Sandr0. Mirko listened to what Rebecca was saying with a sinking heart. She felt really sorry for him. "You are a very special person and you deserve someone who can return your love and at the moment that someone isn't me". Mirko didn't say anything for some time and then he smiled. "I hope this doesn't mean that we still can't enjoy each other's company" "If all you can give me at the moment is your friendship then I'll gladly take it. Rebecca leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You are a very special person". "Thank you". "If you knew what I'm thinking you wouldn't say I'm that special". She laughed and then they returned to the others. They spent the rest of the afternoon exploring around, they both agreed that they'd had a lovely day and the most important thing was that the atmosphere has changed between the two of them and she was very glad about that.