43. Epilogue Part 1

I remember the day I graduated from high school. To be honest, I didn't really care what was happening around me. The only one that had my attention was my blond girl with brown eyes. Who, was sitting some few rows behind, next to my little sister. Andi was proud of me and I could see it all over her face.

Then two years later, I was lying in our bed, looking at my beautiful girl, as she was upset about herself for months. Months, she was just full of sadness. She thought there was something wrong with her. Because it was the fourth time, she tried to get pregnant.

The other three times didn't work. So, we were lying there next to each other, just hoping for the best, the fourth time. I told her I could do it if it didn't work that time as well. It was not because I didn't want to do it, but Andi just really wished to be the one to have our first. I can never forget the disappointment in her eyes, but I can certainly not forget when she was smiling so brightly as she showed me that she was going to have our baby. She was so happy and relieved, but those months that were coming, they were a different kind of story.

You know my Andi has a little temper, but I would have never thought she would be that angry. I swear the first two months, I didn't touch her butt. It was hard not to, but after she screamed right in my face for almost ten minutes. I had to stop. I was in shock and I couldn't get a word out of my mouth. My heart was beating faster than the bass drums to a death metal song.

Then, almost nine months later, she tried to break my hand, but it was worth it when I saw our little baby for the first time. Never seen anything so beautiful before, except for Andi. I remember when I first held that baby girl in my arms. She was so small and I was terrified I would drop her or do anything stupid. When I watched her sleeping in my arms. Andi asked me what we should call her. I looked at our baby girl, knowing she was going to be mine forever.

I remember the look on my Andi's face when I said the name I wanted. Her mouth was moving, but no words came out and her eyes widened. She didn't seem to agree with it at first, but then after a while she liked it and wanted it as well.

I step over to our baby's crib. She is almost two months old and no matter how much Andi and I smile to her, she do not smile back. It worries me. She only smiles when we talk or when we touch her.

"Babe?" I call Andi, which makes my baby smile.

"Yeah." She comes in smiling and stand next to me, looking down at our baby girl.

"I think we should take her to the doctor." I tell Andi as I pick our little girl up from the crib. She really likes to be hold and touched. Andi is smiling to our daughter and making faces, but still no smile or laugh. Our tiny girl is not even looking at her.

"Why?" Andi ask, confused as she watches me.

"I think there might be something wrong with Riley."