society (9%)

I don't exactly remember writing a rant similar to this on our first rant book, but if I have, I'm gonna say this again because it's actually becoming a HUGE problem.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE GAY IS AN INSULT AND HETEROSEXUALITY IS IN THE NORM.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE DOING SOMETHING THAT NO ONE ELSE DOES IS WRONG.

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY WHERE WHEN A PERSON OF COLOR IS CONVICTED OF A CRIME, HE/SHE IS CONSIDERED A TERRORIST, A CRAZY ASS PERSON, A SUICIDE-BOMBER, BUT WHEN A WHITE MAN/WOMAN IS CONVICTED OF A CRIME, THERE ARE INTERVIEWS ALL OVER THE NEWS SAYING IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OR "I SWEAR HE WAS AN AMAZING PERSON" OR "SHE WAS SO SWEET LET HER OUT PLEASE". 

And we live in a society where money is the only thing that matters, where peace becomes a surprise, and happiness becomes an accomplishment.

A society where China is dying because of how much pollution is in the air. Where poverty is becoming all too common in Asia and Africa. Where Europe has stopped making lethal injections and now some american states are even considering using the electric chair as a death sentence. Where Donald Trump kicks out a person that wears a "BERNIE 2016" shirt and she hasn't even said a thing. Where Trump becomes the new Hitler. 

 Where reverse racism is demanded even if it is not a topic that is able to be grasped because it's not real. Where the news do not tell you when a person of color is in front of the gun, they only tell you when they're behind it. Where women are put down for the makeup they wear, for the jobs they have, and for just being women in general. Where double standards are in existence.

 Where not texting someone every hour of the day means they don't love you. Where being an asshole to everyone makes you "cool." Where dates are going to each other's houses and scrolling through instagram instead of enjoying each other's company. Where being loved is a desire but it is  never fulfilled. Where goals are made but never accomplished. Where 18 is the magic number that gets to your head when you are of age. 

So, now, tell me. What has the world come to? 

xx Elnaz