Chapter 18

It took everything in Eren not to call Levi again. In the end, due to his lack of self control, he had to have Mikasa take away his phone so his full focus could be on his homework. He didn't want some stupid drama going on in his life to fuck up his grades, after such a perfect streak of A's and B's.

Two hours later, and Eren was finished with all of his homework assigned that day. It wasn't too bad; just a few problems out of his math textbook that he had to do, and some physics problems. Fortunately, he didn't have any quizzes or tests to study for, so the rest of his night was completely reserved for the movies.

"Hey, Mikasa, what movie did you want to see anyway?" He called from his room, standing in front of the mirror and brushing his hair, doing his best to tame the rowdy, brown strands.

"What do you want to see? Horror, comedy, romance, thriller, mystery? I'm down for anything." Mikasa replied from downstairs, where she was likewise getting ready.

"I don't think a chic flick would be proper in this situation." Eren laughed; a sarcastic, slightly self pitying, laugh. "How about a horror movie?"

"Fine with me. I've heard The Forest is pretty disturbing."

"Good. I need something that'll give me horrible nightmares, so I can avoid dreaming about Jean." Eren changed out of the clothes he'd worn to school, settling for a plain hoodie and a pair of jeans.

He'd realized it was one of Jean's hoodies a little too late, after he'd already put it on.

"Dammit. Stupid idiot with his hoodies that look exactly like mine." Eren mumbled, angrily wrestling the hoodie off and tossing it onto the pile of clothing in his closet. "Now I fucking smell like him again." He wrinkled his nose at the scent of the cologne that Jean always used. Opening his drawer, Eren grabbed his own cologne and gave himself a few sprays.

"Hurry up, Eren! I thought boys were supposed to get ready faster than girls were." Mikasa complained, crossing her arms impatiently.

"Yeah, yeah. I thought you were a feminist that didn't care about gender stereotypes, but guess not.. I'll be down in a sec." Eren rolled his eyes and grabbed another sweater, thoroughly inspecting it to make sure it was his own before sliding it on. He grabbed his wallet and hurried downstairs afterwards, nearly tripping down the bottom steps. "..Here."

"Oh, I'm driving, by the way." Mikasa announced, jangling Eren's keys in her hand, leaving no room for argument. "You're kind of angry right now, and I don't you to kill anybody.. Purposely or accidentally."

"Whatever. I'm not a serial killer, contrary to popular belief, but alright." Eren ran a hand through his hair, walking through the front door and waiting by his car. When Mikasa unlocked the doors, he slid into the passenger's seat and buckled himself in.

The drive to the movie theater was uneventful, with Mikasa telling Eren about his day and Eren giving occasional nods. Truth be told, he didn't really care that much unless there was some juicy gossip, and Mikasa was rarely one to gossip. She was just too.. Nice.

Eren didn't really understand how an asshole like himself got an angel of a sister like her.

"Doesn't look too crowded tonight." Mikasa mumbled, quickly finding a parking space as soon as they'd arrived.

"Well, I mean, it is a weekday night. People usually come during weekends or Fridays." Eren got out of the car, stretching his arms and following Mikasa into the theater.

"Shoot, I forgot my wallet.." Mikasa said as soon as they'd taken a step inside. She patted all of her pockets, but to no avail. "Did you bring yours?"