Chapter 9

[ A/N: there will be like very slight-ish ereri in this chapter ??¿??? just for backstory purposes ]

As soon as they arrived at the school, Eren was already beginning to have doubts about the situation yet again. Flashing lights could be seen through the windows, and he could already hear the shitty hip-hop that was playing. Plus, a long line had formed at the entrance to the school and Eren didn't particularly feel like standing in the cold for half an hour at that moment. Still, he reluctantly unbuckled the seatbelt and was about to open the door - until Jean rushed to the passengers' side and opened it for him.

"Gee, what a gentleman." Eren teased with a chuckle, stepping out of the car and taking Jean's hand in his. He could tell that his boyfriend was exactly the opposite from him - he was beyond excited about senior prom. Jean had that goofy smile on his face that the brunet noticed only appeared when he was overjoyed.

Eren shivered a little as he walked wordlessly with his boyfriend to the steps of the school, standing at the back of line. He recognized a few familiar faces, who smiled and waved at him. He waved back - however, there was also someone in front of him that he did not wish to see, ever again - Levi. Kind of tough having an ex that you see, literally, everywhere. Eren rolled his eyes, shivering even more and leaning in against Jean; taking in the other boy's warmth.

Fortunately for Eren, Jean had not yet made a smart-ass comment in the past ten minutes. Unfortunately for Eren, the raven-haired male in front of him had ultimately noticed him.

"Well, well. If it isn't Eren Jaeger." Levi grinned, earning him a restrained look from his apparent date - a petite girl with fiery, orange hair styled in a sort of bob. She was dressed in a long, mermaid style red dress with a matching corsage on her wrist. Eren would've thought that she was a freshman, had it not been senior prom.

Probably some girl he picked up a week before. Eren glanced at Jean - who was talking to Connie. Perfect. He then turned his attention back to the ravenette in front of him. "Levi, why do you still talk to me?" He crossed his arms, awaiting an answer.

"I'm just trying to be friendly, no need to be an ungrateful little shit about it," Levi stated in reply, this time earning a slap on the arm from the orange-haired girl. Eren heard him turn to the girl and mutter, "Petra, it wasn't my fault. It's not right for him to be so rude, after all." And with that statement, Levi placed a kiss on the girl's lips - almost as if trying to shut her up.

"Whatever, but obviously, it seems like you're still really desperate." This time, it was Eren who grinned, as this moment was his chance to mess with Levi and get him all worked up. Besides, he felt a twinge of sympathy for the poor girl, Petra - she seemed so nice and gentle; she didn't deserve someone like Levi, who probably only dated her for sexual purposes - the same reason why Eren broke up with him within two months.

Before Levi had time to process what the brunet said, a voice interrupted the both of them.

"Hey, what's going on?"

Eren turned to the direction of the voice - which was right in his ear - and found himself staring at Jean. "Oh, nothing.." He replied, breathing a silent sigh of relief upon observing the fact that Levi was now turned away and too busy making out with his 'girlfriend' - more like his blow-up doll.

"Alright cool. Well, anyway, I wanted to tell you that Connie's having an after party at that fancy hotel down the street from here so you'regoingwithmeright?" Jean's last few words came out in a kind of slur, as if scared that Eren would disagree or something.