Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame

(Chapter Song: Stitches by Shawn Mendes)

"For you, I would risk anything, even the eternal flames of Hell" - Cam Briel (Unforgiven)

Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame

- Zeus Achilles -

"Where have you been?" Zeus asked Seige nang makita niya itong papasok ng Dawn. He was about to go out and find her. Kaaalis palang ng mga magulang nila at hinatid pa niya si Aiane sa kwarto nito.

"D'yan lang sa tabi tabi. Kamusta?"

"Kakauwi lang nila so it's back to normal for us. Hindi talaga dumating ang Kuya mo?"

Seige shook her head. "It's not the first time he stood me up"

"You're not in good terms with your brother?"

"You could say that," Seige shrugged like it was nothing.

Zeus bit his lower lip and glanced at his wrist watch. "We still have an hour before dinner. What do you wanna do?"

Seige's lips curved up kaya napataas ang kilay ni Zeus. "May nakakatawa ba sa tanong ko?"

"Don't you want to check on her first?"

"How'd you know about---" Kunot noong wika ni Zeus ngunit hindi na niya natuloy pa ang dapat na sasabihin. "I forgot that you're Seige. You know stuff"

Wala naman kasi si Seige noong binaggit ni Asher na masama ang pakiramdam ni Flame. And he forgot that he made a mental note to check on her.

"Ash's with her right now so it's not a good idea---"

"Takot kang makita kayo ni Asher?"

"Hindi naman sa ganon" Hindi lang talaga niya alam kung ano ang sasabihin niya kay Flame.

"Then what's pulling you back?" Seige shot back. "I thought you wanted to be civil? Wala namang mali sa pag kamusta sa kanya"

Zeus glared at Seige. Hindi niya alam kung bakit gusto pa nitong makita niya si Flame. What happened to You're better off without her?

"Maybe after dinner," ang sagot nalang ni Zeus. "Samahan mo ako"

"So what do you wanna do?" He asked again.

"Pare!"

Nawala ang atensyon ni Zeus kay Seige dahil sa pag tawag ni Asher.

Pababa ito ng hagdan at nagmamadaling pumunta sa kanila but then his pace slowed when he noticed Seige.

"You're here"

"Yeah she's here, Ash. Thanks for pointing out the obvious" Zeus rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

Ash's eyes turned to him, then to Seige and then back to him again. "Uhm ano..." napa hawak pa ito sa batok.

"C'mon dude spit it out. I don't have all night" Zeus impatiently said.

"Anong gagawin niyong dalawa?" Asher asked warily and pointed to each of them.

"Sasama ka na naman?"

Asher smiled as an answer. The feeling was there again, something was really off
with Asher's smile.

"May sasabihin ka ba talaga?"

"Ezra told me that you and I have to plan a party for Aria, for social night. After that we have to plan another party for the Heath Twins' birthday, our parents are involved in this and it's a surprise," Asher then looks at Seige. "Don't tell her a thing about this"