Chapter 3

He peeked around the corner of the bookshelf, spotting the alpha at one of the tables. Quietly watching him flip through an open textbook.

"What are you doing?"

Harry jumped, pushing up against the bookshelf and shoved a couple books through the shelving and loudly knocked them on the ground.

"Niall," he hissed. "What are you doing here?"

He walked around the shelf, picking up the books. "What am I doing, what are you doing lurking around the stacks? I came to get you because you're meant to be in maths, Mr Kate's sent me after you."

"I know but Zayn —"

"Fucks sake Harry, shut up about that kid." Niall groaned the moment he heard the alphas name, the only name he's been hearing for the last week.

Harry rolled his eyes, "You're just jealous. Zayn's already a full blown alpha and you're still in alpha limbo."

He opened and closed his mouth, huffing air through his nostrils because that was a low blow. "Whatever, I'll just tell Mr. Kate's you've got bowel issues. Oh and your precious alpha is headed this way."

"Wait —" Harry glanced back at where he'd last seen Zayn, noticing that the alpha in fact was walking directly towards them. "Wait Niall, stay! I never know what to say to him, I end up sounding like an idiot."

"Sorry, I'm just a beta. I wouldn't know how to handle it any better than you." He cleverly snapped, walking the opposite direction towards the doors and abandoning the omega.

"You know Ms. Weston isn't going to like you throwing her books around," a voice teased. "Last kid who did that hasn't been seen or heard from since."

Harry smiled, going mushy in the brain the moment the alpha was in front of him. "Oh — um, I didn't know. I mean I didn't mean to knock them down. Wait, you were watching me?"

"Is that a problem," he shrugged with a raise of an eyebrow.

"No, no. I mean, I'm — do you want to hangout sometime? Like together or something." Harry's cheeks turned beat red when he heard the jumbled words leaving his mouth.

Zayn laughed at the omegas behavior, "Yeah. I was actually going to ask if you wanted to come to my friends party this weekend, I don't know if you know him. But his name is Liam, Liam Payne."

He immediately nodded, honestly willing to jump at any opportunity to be near Zayn for an extended period of time.

"Okay cool, you can bring a friend if you want." He quickly added, "In case you want to bail out early."

"I doubt I'd want to do that but I'll bring someone, yeah." Harry smiled, already trying to plan out something to wear.

Zayn pulled out his phone, glancing at the screen. "I gotta go but I'll catch up with you before this weekend and give you the address."

He nodded again, absolutely buzzing for this weekend. "Bye Zayn."

"Later," and with that Zayn walked away, leaving Harry in a pleasantly fuzzy daze.

Because not only had the current apple of his eye talked to him, but he was invited to a party. A party that was most likely going to be the first big party of the school year, and he had been personally invited.

Now if only he could get Niall to be just as happy for him and willing to come along.

___________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

Do you think Zarry are mutually crushing on one another or is it more one sided? And do you think Niall is being childish/an unsupportive friend acting the way he does towards Harry's infatuation with Zayn?

Any and all feedback is GREATLY appreciated!!