Chapter Nineteen

A/N Sorry if this is bad. It's a filler chapter. But you still need to read it :). Thanks.

Annabeth

  Annabeth snuggled further into Percy's side. She could feel his finger running circles into her arm.

  She had laid down with him in the bed he was reduced to after waking up from a nightmare. He didn't object.

  "How are you?" She whispered to Percy.
  "Good."  She raised and eyebrow at him. "Okay," he rephrased. Annabeth sighed, she was used to these answers by now.

"Are you ever going to answer honestly?"
"Probably not."
"You'd tell me if something was up though right?"
"Of course Wise Girl," Percy muttered. She almost believed him. But she nodded anyway.

They laid there for a while. Annabeth listened to Percy's breathing. It was calm. And normal. She would give anything to have it stay that way.

She lost track of time as the door creaked open. She looked over, rolled her eyes, and quickly looked away.

She stared up at Percy. He was glaring at Will with such force that the son of Apollo stepped back a little. But he quickly regained himself. "Alright," he said, "I get it. Your mad. You will be for a while. You want to rip my throat out. You physically could. I know the drill. But it's been two days. Besides, now we know what not to do."

Percy's eyes softened slightly but Annabeth still wouldn't look at him. What he did was cruel. Even if it wasn't his idea, he didn't stop it.

She knew she'd forgive him sooner or later, but she's learned to focus on the present. You never know what the future could hold.

"I'm going to sit down, please don't kill me," Will said, whispering the last part. "Can you move your arms?"

Percy nodded and looked at his arm around Annabeth. A line of sweat formed at his hairline as he pulled his arm from Annabeth's shoulder. He closed his eyes as he lifted his other arm into the air.

Annabeth sat up and smiled at him as he let his arms fall to his sides. Will was smiling along with her. "Good," he said, "that's really good. What about your legs?"

  At this question, Percy frowned. He looked at his legs as if he was commanding them to move. He pursed his lips and his eyes burned with concentration. But all he got was a twitch, and a slight bend. He glared at them.

"Hmm," Will said, "not as good, but still okay." He looked at his clipboard and scribbled down a few things. Percy and Annabeth stayed quiet as he flipped through the pages.

After a few moments, he set his clipboard in his lap and smiled at them. "I thinks it's time," he said, looking at Annabeth. She knew what he was talking about immediately. "Really?" She asked. He nodded.

"What is it?" Percy asked. Annabeth grinned at him.
"Well," Will said, "a little while ago, I had mentioned that you may be able to use a wheelchair soon. I think you have enough movement. Nothing is seriously wrong and it wouldn't affect your health."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah, of course someone would have to help for a little while. You know, push you around. But at least you'll actually be able to go places."

Percy was grinning widely now. He nodded slowly. "I think," he said, "I like this idea."

A/N I'm sorry this wasn't very good but once again, it was simply a transition chapter.

Disclaimer: All rights go to the one person who's broken your heart so many times you've lost count. Rick Riordan.