Chapter Twenty-Five

Leo (I think I only had ONE Leo chapter before this😢. I just don't think I do him very well. Who's next?)

Leo was covered in grease by the time he arrived at lunch. This was nothing new but it didn't stop Piper from making jokes and telling him to take a shower. He handled it maturely. By sticking out his tongue and wiping his hand on her shirt. She charmespeaked him to slap himself. Maybe it wasn't the best idea.

He sat down at his table, rubbing his cheek. He knew there was a red hand on it right about now. It stung when his hands came in contact. Geez, he thought, I can slap hard.

He began to chow down his food, hoping to get back to Bunker Nine as soon as possible. He had a couple projects that were a bit.... Explosive.

He got up to leave when he saw a sight that made his normal smile grow wider. Percy Jackson was walking alongside Annabeth Chase. Walking. Finally, Leo thought.

"Well it's about time," he said as Percy took a seat at his table. He noticed he was leaning heavily on Annabeth but none of that mattered.
"That's what I said," he replied, smirking.
"This is great news. Now we can pair up with the Stolls and prank people."
"Umm no pranking anytime soon," Annabeth said, "Your still healing."
"Fine," the boys grumbled under the fierce gaze of Annabeth's grey eyes.

Leo, being ADHD, completely forgot about his projects in Bunker Nine. He sat down at the Poseidon table (Chiron wasn't there so he was able to get away with it) and talked with Annabeth and Percy.

A few minutes through the conversation, a loud crack sounded. Smoke rose from the forest. Leo felt every campers eyes on him. It wasn't uncommon that explosions were his fault.

He stared at the smoke before cursing under his breath. "Hey, uhh, Percy, would you mind maybe coming to help?"

Percy glanced at Annabeth before standing. "Percy," she said, "you can't use your powers yet."
"Just this once Annabeth. Quickly. I need to help."

They had a stare down for a moment until Annabeth's expression softened. "Fine," she mumbled, "But I'm coming with you."

Percy nodded in agreement. "Can we hurry?" Leo asked urgently. "I really don't want the whole forest to be lit up like Christmas trees."

They scurried off. Leo lead the way and Annabeth and Percy tried to stay close behind. But because Percy hadn't been on his feet again for too long, they lagged behind.

"Come on guys!" Leo yelled over his shoulder. "We're almost there."

He saw the couple pick up their speed slightly. They bumped into Leo when he stopped abruptly.

In front of him was flames rising higher by the second. "Umm, Perce? Now would be the part where you put the fire out."

Percy looked at the flames with determination in his eyes. He took a deep breath and soon water inched it's way up the smoke. Water and smoke swirled together until Percy released it.

Steam dissipated into the open air. And water came crashing down. Soaking the three demigods. Leo sighed in relief. "Nice job Pe-" He stopped when he saw Percy collapse.

His knees buckled from underneath him and he fell flat on his back. He lay there, breathing heavily. His gasped a few times. Annabeth kneeled by his side and shot a glare at Leo.

"I'll.... I'll go get some water. And ambrosia," he muttered, feeling guilty. He turned to the clearing of the woods but soon remembered he had supplies in Bunker Nine.

He opened the door and ran to the buckets of water he kept in case of small fires. He then ran to the bag of ambrosia and nectar he had in case he ever hit his head or hammered his hand.

He sprinted back to Percy and Annabeth. Percy looked ghastly pale. He quickly poured the bucket of water over his head, soaking him even more. He then handed a square of ambrosia to Annabeth and she shoved it into his mouth.

Percy sat straight up, the color returning to his face, "Much better," he muttered. Leo let out the breath he'd been holding.
"Thanks man," Leo said sheepishly, "You saved my butt. Again."

Percy just laughed and accepted the hand Leo had offered. He swayed for a moment on his feet before regaining his balance.

The three demigods made their way to the clearing of the woods. When they emerged, they found most of the camp waiting for them.

They all stared at Percy, wide eyed. Especially the younger ones. Leo couldn't blame them. The guy just started walking again and now he'd made twenty foot water walls.

He looked over and grinned at Percy. He was blushing bright red. Leo turned to Annabeth and they exchanged a look. "You think he'd be used to it by now," Annabeth muttered as she dragged Percy back to the pavilion to finish his lunch.

A/N Okay so I know Bunker Nine is like a magical warehouse. But I don't know if a fire inside Bunker Nine would have actually caused any damage outside of it. I know that was confusing but just go with it please. Thanks.

Disclaimer: All rights go to Rick Riordan.