Part 1 (The Hospital)

Amy's POV

      We found Luke's room and  we walked in. There he was, sleeping. His cheeks had been stitched up. He had cuts all over his face. He was in a neck brace too. A tear rolled down my cheek. Katherine put her hand on my shoulder and we walked to his bed. I held his hand as he just laid there, looking lifeless. Then the doctor came in.

      "He should actually be waking up pretty soon." the doctor said, which made me a little happier, but I was still really sad. "May I ask what your relation is to Mr. Costa?" (Author's Note! - Luke has the same last name as John since their cousins! DUH haha)

      "We're friends of his." Christina answered.

      "Well, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room for now, until a family member shows up." The doctor said.

       "But, we can't just leave him here! What if he wakes up alone?!" I asked in a daze not realizing I got in the doctor's face.

       "I'm sorry, Miss, but it's hospital policy. I wish I could let you stay here, but I can't" He backed away a little bit. 

        "I'm sorry." was all I said. I hung my head and waited in the hall with Christina and Katherine. We just stood there in an awkward silence. Then Katherine broke the silence.

        "Amy." She said.

        I looked up, "Y-yes?" 

     "When Luke wakes up, maybe you should tell him how you feel." She suggested. Wait! How'd she know I like him? I didn't tell anyone!

     "W-what do you mean?" I asked in a way kinda sounding like I had no clue what she was talking about.

       "She means you should tell him how much you like him." Christina said in a lovey-dovey voice.

      "Shut up Chris!" I said a little aggravated. They were teasing me at a time like this when Luke was laying there, unconscious. 

        "Well he likes you too!" Kath added.

        "No he doesn't."

      "Why else would he go pick a fight with a guy twice his size?" Christina asked. What was she getting at? Did Luke fight Kyle because Kyle touched me?! Could Luke actually like me?!

        "What do you-" but I was cut off by a friendly looking woman, probably in her young to mid forties. 

     "You girls must be the Cimorelli's!" She said with a slight smile. She looked like her mind was somewhere else.

         "Y-yes, may I ask who you are?" Christina asked politely.

         "I-I'm Mrs. Costa, Luke's mom." Her eyes moved towards the room where Luke was. His door was closed. 

         "We're so sorry for what happened. We tried to stop him from going down th-" Katherine started but she was cut off by Mrs. Costa.

         "It's fine! Don't worry!" She gave us a little smile, but it faded. "He's different. He's not the same as he was a couple years ago." she stopped as if she was thinking of something, probably a memory.

         "How's he different?" I asked confused a little.

     "I mean, he got into some fights when he was a teenager, but the past couple years he's been around John so much, I think Johns rubbing off on him.." She paused. I can't believe she just said that about her own nephew!

       "Are you blaming this on John?!" Christina sounded a little aggravated when she asked that. "He's the reason Luke is still alive. If he didn't get there in time, Luke might have been killed.."