C1

Chelsea took a deep sigh as she continued busting the tables in front of her. Their family's diner is experiencing financial troubles and unpaid extra hands are of great help in the present.

"Chels, you okay?", Robby, her older brother of three years asked her. The hands that he usually uses in writing are now busy washing plates and slicing vegetables. But atleast, Robby will be saying goodbye to the diner in two weeks time. He'll be back in college to pursue a degree in creative writing.

She nodded her head and smiled. "As great as ever, Rob" she lied. She is dead tired of working from 7 am to midnight for the past weeks, but what can she do? It's either she helps or this diner, which her parents have worked so hard for during the last two decades, will eventually close. No diner means that they have to sell their house and selling their house means they have to go to a new state, which is definitely a big no no since it's senior year.

"I know it's kinda difficult Chels, but things will eventually get better. As the saying goes, "The only permanent-"

"Thing on earth is change", she cut him off and laughed. " When did you ever become an optimist, Robby? I thought you're all into this Nietzche thing?" She asked with half sarcasm and half joking.

Robby pouted his lips, but quickly smiled. " And when did the dumb blonde myth ever get busted by you, Chels?" He asked back with the same tone of sarcasm and joking.

They looked at each other and laughed. Among all her siblings, Chelsea is closest to Rob, partially because of their age. She has two older brothers aside from him, Kevin, 28, married and in the military and Ethan, 31, who is a banker in the big apple. Ethan, though making lots of cash, couldn't help them much since his youngest daughter is in dire need of medications due to leukemia.

Their sibling chat was interrupted by the loud swinging of the door and the roaring laughters that followed.

Chelsea felt irritated when she recognized the group of teenagers approaching a table. It was Wilson with his friends and of course, his new girlfriend.

It seems as if Wilson forgot that her family owns the diner where he used to wait for her. Although Robby knows, her parents were not aware that she used to date the Vanheusen boy as they call Wilson. Not that there was a problem but dating the mayor's son is not exactly what Jonathan Hammond would ever dream for his only daughter to do. The Vanheusens do not have the nicest reputation in their town.

She felt Robby nudged her on the side. He wiped his hands on the apron tied around his waist, got the pen and paper from her and approached the group of teenagers just sitting few meters across her.

Chelsea watched as Wilson's face got swept with surprise when Robby started asking for their orders. He offered his hand to her brother which Robby respectfully accepted. Then Wilson's gaze moved towards her and the smile which was confidently lying on his lips quickly melted away.

Guilty as ever, she whispered to herself and continued busting the table infront of her. She chewed on the insides of her cheek and ignored another pair of eyes that are on her.

"Who's the girl?"

Chelsea was surprised that she didn't notice Robby standing beside her. He must have already handed the orders to Manuel, the cook, for he was back to the counter grabbing plates to wash.

"Nina Greene".

"She's new? She's smoking hot."

Chelsea irritatedly sighed. "And a bitch I must add", she said and looked at the girl who had enough guts to steal away Wilson from her.

Honestly at the beginning, Chelsea has found Nina to be quite non threatening. It is true that the Nina Greene can be intimidating given her lineage and family background. She is the daughter of the now divorced socialite Katharine Aoki and well known author Nathan Greene. Given the fact that Nina is stunning in her own rights with the mix of Asian and European blood, Chelsea assumed that being educated in an exclusive private Catholic institution and being homeschooled for the most part of her life, the girl is pretty much sheltered and thus naive of petty things that girls her age in public schools are busy of.

She was proven wrong.

Nina, just like any other senior girls, is always lurking on another girl's back waiting for the right time to steal her boyfriend.

Chelsea laughed bitterly at the thought. Who would have ever thought that the porcelain skinned, slender girl with jet black straight hair, who speaks eloquently and had a fine education in her hand would turn out to be a slut afterall?

She decided to shrug the idea off her head as she noticed Manuel coming over to serve their customers with the orders. It's been almost three months. Yes, she was hurt and insulted, but Chelsea Hammond is better than that.