C14

(To thessiiieeeee, for always pestering me to update this book.)

A.N.
Please read a couple of the previous chapters to remember where we left Nina and Chelsea. This story has been sleeping for quite some time. I am so sorry to those who are taking the updates seriously.

There are only three days left before the big day and the girls cheerleading team have been working their asses off from morning until early evening. On that day however, they had to cut the practice short to make sure that all uniforms fit perfectly. Chelsea also headed in doing an inventory on every possible thing they will be needing. Coach Stevens trusts her and she doesn't want to let her down.

"How many pompoms do we currently have?", she asked Cece whose head was almost buried in a pile of shreds of shiny plastic inside a tall box.

"I'm pretty much sure they are exact, Chels", the other girl answered.

"No extras?"

Cece shook her head sideways.

"We need five extra pairs. Who's willing to work a little late to help?" She asked as she removed her eyes from the list of materials and scanned the faces of the girls around her.

"Nina and I can help", came Cece's urgent reply, with both hands raised.

She automatically shifted her look on the face of the brunette.

"I'm available, Hammond", Nina seconded and smiled.

Chelsea forced herself to not smile back.

"You don't have a date, Greene?", she blurted out but totally hated herself for not thinking of a better question to ask before opening her mouth.

Chelsea saw a quick dance of amusement in the way the other girl returned her gaze.. "Yes. No commitment today. You have my full attention" Nina answered, staring back at her.

She knew it was stupid, but that made her lips break into a small smile- a reaction that didn't escape the brunette's eyes.

Before someone could even notice their stolen glances, Chelsea already decided to move past the other girls and approached her bestfriend, Jessica, who's assigned on the accompanying music they will be using. She reminded her to provide triple copies of the song-in CD, flashdrive and in her iphone, just to be sure that technical difficulties wil be avoided in case a certain format is not available.

Everyone was hyped and working, but a few minutes more and only the three of them-Nina, Cece and her, were left on the rubberized floor of their school gymnasium. Jessica had to go home earlier for possible last minute changes in their mixtape.

It was Cece who literally hogged the conversation with her funny stories and sharing of the latest gossips while she and Nina would roll on their tummies laughing or would just pitch in some comments from time to time.

It was past six in the evening when they finally finished the task and decided to go home.

"Willy's picking you up?", it was Cece who asked.

The question made Chelsea stop putting her hair in a high pony tail and look at Nina's reflection in front of her, as if waiting for an answer. They were in the girl's restroom, tidying up infront of the huge mirror, retouching their faces and prepping up for home.

The brunette didn't quickly answer but returned her glance in the mirror instead. The green shade held her blue ones for few seconds before the brunette opened her mouth.

"He has practice", Nina answered and refocused her eyes as she went back on applying color on her lips. Chelsea didn't say anything and also dolled up her face a little bit, making sure it has enough color to look pleasant.