C6

"Wake up"

A pair of warm lips touching her forehead made Nina open her eyes. She saw Wilson's smiling face infront of her. He has taken a bath as evident from his still wet hair. He was also dressed as if about to leave.

She slowly sat on the bed in a squatting position and yawned. "Isn't it too early to leave, Willy?" she asked and grabbed a pillow.

"It is too early for a Saturday, babe, but we have a football practice. Coach already gave me a warning for another violation" he continued and handed her a cup of coffee.

She took the warm drink from his hand and brought it to her mouth. After taking a small sip, she placed the cup on the sidetable and positioned herself back again on the bunch of soft pillows on her bed. She has never been an early riser.

Wilson chuckled, bent over the bed, and placed his lean strong arms under her back in an attempt to carry her.

"Wilson!", she called his name in between screaming and giggling. When he was finally able to carry her, both of them went into huge fits of laughters and fell back to the bed, with him on top of her.

As soon as the laughters faded away, Nina saw the boy infront of her staring at her eyes. Even without him saying anything, she is quite aware that he already made a personal admission that he has fallen inlove with or most probably grown fond of her at a very surprising pace.

"Be at the practice. Just watch or wait. Just be there," he said in almost a whisper.

She smiled at his sweetness and decided to tease him. "I'm not a big fan of football", she whispered back and gave him gentle kisses on his jaw.

"Even just for me?"

"Uh-uh", she mumbled and nuzzled against the skin on his neck. She can smell her feminine soap on his skin combined with his perfume's musky fragrance. It was weird but it smells nice quite honestly.

"Why?"

She looked at his eyes. Nina can see them duplicating the eyes of a sad puppy. She secretly smiled not letting him win this easily.

"Because it bores me", she teased him, intentionally trying to be rude.

"Ouch", Wilson said and grabbed his chest as if hurt. He gave her a long, hard stare before saying, "Why not try to be a cheerleader so you can appreciate it more?"

Nina cocked an eyebrow on his question. She likes this game and Wilson learned how to play it weĺl. She pretended to be offended yet considering his suggestion before eventually giving in to laughters.

Wilson laughed as well, stood on the side of the bed and held out his hand.

"Touche", she said smiling, accepted his hand, and jumped from the bed. "Great comeback."

"My God, Nina. You are such a pain in the ass", he complained grinning and handed her a robe. "Be quick, babe. Got to be there in fourty."

She grinned back and blew him a kiss before heading to the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower, she donned a pair of ripped skinny jeans paired with denim long sleeves and neon green flats. She decided to let her hair down, applied light make up and rushed downstairs where Wilson was already waiting for her.

They drove for a good ten to 15 minutes before they reached the parking lot of Ridgewood High. Once on the bleachers of the school's huge field, Wilson left Nina with the girl fully accepting her role.

Just like how Wilson is to her life, Nina felt that aside from the genuine affection he has, the Vanheusen boy likes the attention he gets for being with her. She is as much as to him, a trophy, something that could make him look good and enviable. If given a choice, she would rather go to the town's art museum or library and busy herself with the things that her mother calls the 'likings of Nathan Greene'.

Speaking of her dad, she hasn't called him eversince he gave her the keys to her own apartment.

As her eyes scanned the open field, she noticed that there are only few football players in the area. Checking her watch, she learned it was still a bit earlier than the practice time. On the opposite side of the field where she was seated however, she could clearly see their school's cheerleading team practicing. She can even hear the loud voice of its head cheerleader Chelsea Hammond.

Remembering the confrontation they had a couple of nights ago, she again felt emaciated by the insult that came out of the blonde's mouth. Reality bites indeed, and she knew that it was her who pushed the other girl to say such words.

About the other incident involving Wilson and his ex girlfriend, Nina couldn't avoid blushing on the thought whenever she remembers it but already dismissed it as a normal teenage urge. She has long been exposed to situations involving same sex attractions as what she witnessed in the courtyard of a young duchess and her servant in England when she was nine, the love between Alexander and his soldier as she saw in a musical play in France and of course, female crushes that abound in the girls' boarding school where she attended. She has indulged in one or two ocassions of kissing another girl in the past, but it never escalated into something more than that.

Since the football team has not yet started with the practice, Nina decided to watch as girls her age continue doing their dance routine. She can hear them chanting letters and words and could see them arranging themselves in positions and pyramids.

She saw a bunch of four girls doing a stunt. Two girls were lifting another girl using their hands while the fourth one was on the back to give assistance. The group was successful in raising the third girl, but decided to repeat the stunt in a swifter and more polished manner as she heard requested by Chelsea Hammond.

Nina almost clapped on her seat when the third girl was able to execute the stunt as instructed this time. She thought that once on top, the group will quickly disassemble itself, but Nina heard Chelsea asking the group to stay still in the position. What happened next surprised not just her, but everyone in the girls' cheerleading team, when the base of the pyramid collapsed, likely because of strained hands, and the girl who was once on top went off her balance and fell hard on the ground.

She automatically stood from her seat and was about to run for help when she realized that there are already enough people in the area. After about five minutes or so, she saw the girl being rushed out of the field using a wheelchair.