C12

"Oh fuck!", Nina exclaimed as she quickly stood from the bed and reached for the bedside clock. She cursed more when she saw that it was almost nine in the morning.

I missed a practice! Hammond's going to kill me!, she told herself only to sit back on her bed again because of the pain that shot through her head.

She massaged her temples and laid still for a minute until the pain disappeared. Her eyes caught a piece of paper lying on the floor. She picked it up and read the scribbled message.

Meds on the table. I already got Coach's approval to have the practice after lunch.-C

Nina finally remembered attending last night's party and enjoying herself too much. She and the other girls competed for the Drunk Queen of the Night, and though losing to none other than the birthday celebrant, she was able to consume more than six bottles of beer, and that's without the spiked drink even.

The last memory she could clearly remember was seeing Chelsea in the bathroom. The blonde looked shocked when she saw her. The sultry blue eyes widened like saucers and her plum like lips were left gaping before she even let her in. What she couldn't remember though is how on earth was she able to get home?

C? Could it be possible that it was Hammond who drove her home? Afterall, as what the message stated "Coach agreed..." and no one but the headcheerleader has the power to request for an adjustment in the team's practice schedule.

Nina felt herself smiling over the thought. The blonde cares about her.

*******
Chelsea has been trying her best to focus on the upcoming pre-eliminations. After the incident in the bathroom with Nina Greene, she has thought of a lot of measures to distance herself from the other girl in a very subtle manner. She still doesn't fully understand what's happening to her, except for the fact that she doesn't feel normal when she's around.

She needs to keep herself sane.

"Chels, you listening?"

"Huh?"

Jessica giggled. "Oh my. I was talking here like non stop and you're mind is somewhere out there", the other blonde said and giggled once again.

"I'm sorry", she mumbled and fidgeted on her seat. How can she even focus when her mind is indeed out there, twisting itself to get an answer on the strange feelings she's having for Nina?

She closed her eyes. Girl crush. It does exist right? And it wouldn't make her gay if she has. Besides, she doesn't like her per se. As a person. She just finds her really attractive.

Yes, darn too attractive to the point that your eyes involuntarily closed because you thought she's going to kiss you!

"Nina! Glad you woke up and finally here, 2nd placer!"

Cece's loud remarks made Chelsea open her eyes. For what it is for, she couldn't care less. She just followed the other girl's gaze and lo, and behold, the brunette was standing there grinning from ear to ear. She smiles a lot more these days, Chelsea noticed.

"Why wouldn't I? We do have a practice right?", the blonde heard the newly arrived girl answering and scanned the faces of the other girls before settling on hers, only to break the gaze after a second or so.

"You went home sleeping like a baby", Cece teased referring to the fact that Nina's eyes were literally closed as she and Henry assisted her last night.  " You were lucky not everyone was drunk as I were, and you got safe home last night. Thanks to Hammond and Henry Gunn", Cece continued, this time looking at the blonde with a teasing smile.

Everyone's eyes focused on her, then chimed in, commenting how Henry looked cute and very muscular. Jessica even jokingly exaggerated as she always does on Henry's mythical abs.

Chelsea decided to laugh with everyone, and soon, the gymnasium was filled with laughters and recounts of last night's event. Some of the girls also started to do some stretches including Jessica.

Once alone, she didn't notice Nina approaching her, and was a bit caught off guard when she heard the other girl's voice a foot away from her.

"Hey, sorry about last night. It would have been epic seeing myself drunk", she joked and softly chuckled. The deep green orbs searched for her blue ones before speaking, "But I want you to know that what you did was really appreciated".

Chelsea looked back at those eyes and at that very minute, she felt lost and felt her heart melting slowly, followed by the weakening of her knees.

"You okay, Chelsea?"

"Huh? Yeah, sure", she answered lying as she felt her throat drying up from the weird feelings she's having from the pit of her stomach up to her chest.

"You suddenly looked pale", there was a hint of sincere worry in Nina's face as she looked at her. The brunette was about to reach for her face when she quickly stood from the bleachers.

"It's nothing, Greene", she said, feeling very confused and uncomfortable. "I have to call someone. Excuse me", she answered and left the puzzled girl.

Once on her way out, she grabbed her phone and quickly dialled Henry's number.

It wasn't long before he answered.

"Hi, Henry. Are you within the area today?"

There was a short silence before he spoke. "Not exactly, but I can drop by if you want".

She smiled. "Sure, that would be great. Pick me up at around 5 in the afternoon?"

"Sure, no prob"

She said a quick goodbye and headed to her destination.

***

"I hope you had fun", Henry told her and stopped the car's engine infront of their house's doorway.

"I did", she answered. It was genuine. She had fun with their moviedate slash dinner. They even played this little basketball game in the arcade because she insisted after knowing that he plays the sports as well.

"I'll be so glad if we can do this again some time. You know, another round of a real date", he said and chuckled gently.

She laughed as well remembering how their first date at Cece's party turned out to be.

"Of course we can", she told him smiling. "I'll beat you next time".

His loud laughters filled the car.

Chelsea looked at the guy beside him and thought that she found him adorable. He looks strong and tough, but he appears to be authentically gentle as well. He doesn't have any air in his head, and obviously, he likes to laugh.

"Will you kiss me, Henry?"

Henry immediately stopped and looked at her eyes. When he appeared to hesitate, it was the blonde who made the first move by placing a hand gently on his chest and leaning forward to give him a kiss to which he responded.

It was a short but somewhat lingering kiss and Chelsea allowed herself to rest on Henry's chest and let him sprawl his arms around her. She could hear the rush of blood in his heart.

"That's nice", he told her gently as he nuzzled his nose against the top of her head. "I didn't see it coming", he added and kissed her forehead.

She didn't answer and allowed herself stay in that position for quite some time.

She wants to think and give a name exactly on how she feels towards Henry. She wants to label her reactions whenever Nina is around. And Wilson, how does she feel about him now?

Chelsea sighed and decided to stop herself from overthinking her feelings to focus on what she has presently.