Chapter 7

I finally get out of my ice cream escapade when Janelle and Phoebe arrived to help me out. They gave me a pep talk, or rather, a pep beating. Logan also called to cheer me up. He didn't know the details, just enough to know I was back stabbed painfully. He told me something painful that happened to him and we ended up comforting each other.

After I finally got my 'girl' on, we decided to have a little beach get together. On Sunday afternoon, I was the first one to get to the beach. I now felt blank inside. I still had emotions but just not half as much before. It was as if my heart kinda died. So much for that. Janelle arrived first and we ran to hug. In between our hug, Pamela called to say she couldn't come. Joan just called at the last moment and asked her to meet her with Alec. And of course, instead of Pam to say she already had an appointment, she was like, "Sure!"

She is seriously getting on my nerves these days. How could she ditch me for someone who would talk blast behind her back? Someone who hurt me so much? Rather, people.

"Just ignore them, Rox," Janelle chimed, "They're not worth your time." She pulled me into a bear hug. "Now gimme a kiss"

"Ewwww" I say pulling away from her and squeezing my face.

"You guys are so weird". I turn back to see Kyle and Tim. I invited Tom, but he's not a water guy, so he had to decline, but he'll meet us after at Kyle's house. They're both with their surf boards and also a cooler of drinks.

I fist bump both of them then grab a soda from the cooler. We decide to take a quick dip while waiting for the others. When we reached the water, none of us were ready to enter first. We just stand there, looking at each other.

"Cannonball!" And splash! Cold water everywhere. Janelle and I start shrieking. I realize that many people are jumping. The water is soooo cold. Finally, the splashes stop. I see Justin, Logan, Odin, Princess, Ann, Phoebe, Bryan, Prince, Moose, Ethan, Wan and Benson. Wow, I didn't realize all these people were coming. Then we run towards the water, splashing and laughing along the way. My mind is already calming down. I notice Justin running off to meet a girl. I strain my eyes and notice that it's Karen.

There's definitely something going on between them but they claim that they're just best friends. Ha. Do they think I'm stupid. She's smiling shyly and flips her hair. He leans in and kisses her cheek. Oooh, I'm definitely going to use that against him later

They join us in the water and bring a beach ball along. And so it's now boys against girls and girls are actually winning. After we take the boys to school, it's surfing time. I didn't bring my board so I decide to seat back and relax.

Once everyone is done surfing and also, eating, we decide to play truth or dare. Logan spins the bottle and it lands on Kyle.

"Dare!!" Kyle shouts before Logan even asks.

"Okay, I dare you to kiss Rox."

"Is that all?" He asks. I gasp.

"Yeah"Logan replies.

Then Kyle stands and starts walking towards me while everyone is like "Oooh"

I shift back out of my spot in the circle on the beach sand.

"Kyle, Kyle, please stop, just ignore the dare." I beg. I definitely don't want my first kiss to be with you, not that you're not hot, but seriously.

By now everyone's cracking up as I run around the beach, trying to escape from Kyle. Eventually, he catches me and pushes me to the ground. He face is right next to mine, so close that our noses almost touching. No no no no, this can't be happening. He leans in, and then kisses my cheek. Then he jumps off me and helps me up. A wave of relief washes over me but everyone starts to complain.

"It was supposed to be on her lips." Logan says frowning.

"You didn't specify." I quickly say and run to spin the bottle. It lands on Karen.

"Truth or dare, Karen."

"Truth"

"Do you like Justin?" Immediately I ask, her face turns tomato red. And then she stands and runs away. As expected Justin runs after her to ask what's up. It's just so cute. Next, Odin spins and it falls on me.

"Hmm, truth or dare?"

"Dare" I say boldly.

"I dare you to do a body shot with any of us." He says, smiling wickedly.

"I don't drink" I say shakily. But seriously, that's not really the problem now. I've never done a body shot before and I might flop miserably.

"Don't worry, it'll only be a little" Odin promises, "Plus, do I hear you backing out from a dare?"

"No, I never turn down a dare" I say and stand up, ready for what's coming.

"So pick a guy" Ethan chips in.

I look at Logan, batting my eyelids, "You know I'm choosing you." I think this is actually a win-win. They get to see me doing a body shot and I get to do a body shot off the best abs in the world. Whoppee!!!

Logan lies down on his back as Moose goes to fetch the Tequila.

"Where do you want the salt, Roxy?" Kyle asks, salt in hand.

"His abs of course." I say. By now everyone has gathered round, chattering excitedly. Odin is about to place the lime in Logan's mouth but I stop him. 

"I am so not touching his lips with mine." I say.

In reply, he places the lime so I can collect it neatly. I smile and get ready. By now, everyone is cheering me on so there's no backing out. I take in a deep breath and lick the salt off Logan's abs. Then I take a shot of tequila and feel a burning sensation. I immediately take the lime from Logan's mouth with mine, carefully. Well that was a fun dare, literally, not sarcastically.

I receive high-fives and pats on the back for successfully accomplishing such a dare. We continue the game which leads to Janelle partially twerking, Princess was carried into the water and out again by Odin, Tim pecked Justin on the lips, and a lot more crazy stuff. Lest I forget the most fun, we all ended up twerking and shaking our booty.

Now, it was time to move the party to Kyle's house. Now, nothing bad can really happen, right?